Ectomorph? Skinny-fat? Build Muscle?

Hello all. I have posted on this site but it was probably a year or so ago. Just after some advice off anyone who is willing to give it. Thanks in advance.

Little bit of back ground.

Vegan/straightedge for 6 years

Have been actively cycling for the last 3 or so years

Majority Wholefoods for the last year or so.

I have never been "fat" or obese but at one stage I was eating vegan junk and not exercising. Since cycling I have shed some weight and I am currently weighing in at around 75-76kg. I am 191cm tall.

A year or so ago I started going to the gym and lifting weights in the wish of building muscle. I assume my level or cycling and not eating right lead to minimal muscle gains. (I also blame the fact that I "think" I'm an ectomorph).

I am fairly fairly lean all over, except for my stomach. It seams I carry all my fat in my abdomen area. If I eat more food than usual it just goes and sits on my belly. I don't know if bulking would work or if all the extra food would just sit on my stomach.

I have recently developed a stress fracture from triathlon/run training so I might have a stint of no cardio. This might be a good time to see if I can actually build some muscle and drop some fat?

What is everyone's thoughts?

(Sorry I might be jumping from one idea to the next, I didn't really plan this post to well. Sorry

image.thumb.jpg.4542c074336ddced22e742ffbaac445b.jpg

You have some great ink btw. I would go to the training journals section of the forum and ask your question directly on a thread of some of those that have been successful in their body transformations. Also you can try using the search feature and enter in some key words like skinny fat, body transformation, or anything specifically you are trying to find and them message those that seem to have experience in that area.

-Dylan

Hi Grant,

Contrary to popular belief, steady state activity is NOT the best method for fat loss, in fact, its counterproductive....

http://www.mikementzer.com/aerobic.html

http://baye.com/you-dont-know-hit-2/

A properly constructed and managed resistance training program will severe ALL your (or anyones) needs, ie stimulate growth, set up a better hormonal environment for fat loss, increase bone density, improve flexibility, improve cardio function etc... all in one shot.

Train intense, brief and infrequently....frequency depends on the individuals stress tolerance and recovery ability, allow enough time for compensation (recovery), but ALSO, over compensation (growth ), its a two phase process...

Focus more on compound movements, these movements are better simulators, the odd isolation movement is fine for stress management, and targeted stimulation.

Vary your workouts, dont just do the same thing workout after workout, (see the adaptation and variation thread i wrote)...

Diet wise, i recommend intermittent fasting, it improve's recovery, it allows the body to toxic, and it will set up a better fat loss environment.

Do your research, don't take anything on faith, use logic and reason as your guide, i would recommend you read some of Mike Mentzers work...

Hope this helps

Best

Rob

Edited by HIT Rob

Grant,

Listen to what Dr Doug Mcguff has to say in this short video,

BTW - i highly recommend the body by science book

Doug Mcguff is a ER physician, he has work for over 30 years with some of the pioneers of H.I.T, and he has hes own H.I.T training facility in which hes personally over seen thousands of his clients workouts.