help for male gynecomastia

I recommend avoiding any estrogenic foods and material's (such as soft plastic containers) , and increase your good cholesterol to boost testosterone levels. Training wise, train intensely, and focus mostly on compound movements, this will release growth hormones better than any other form of exercise.

I also recommend you talk with your doctor, get some tests done to see if your test levels are within a normal range, the problem may be outside of your control.

Best

Rob

Good stuff...

omega 3 enriched eggs (i understand this is a vegan site, but if it was me personally, i do what i need to do).

Eat plenty of nuts, avocado's, coconut oil...

Compound movements, these are movements which involve more the use of more than one joint, in turn, this involves the use of multiple muscles groups at one time.

Examples: Squats, Deadlifts, Leg Presses, Dips, Overhead Presses, Chins, Rows, High Pulls, (Flat, Incline, Decline) Bench Presses etc are all good compound movements.

If you know you have gynecomastia then see a doctor and you'll have to have surgery. More than likely though you are like most men and carry fat in your chest stomach and back. Women generally carry fat in their lower body. The Advice HIT ROB gave will help you lower your bodyfat, and the fat in your chest will of course come down as well.

If you truly have gynecomastia then there is nothing you can due for it except have the breast tissue removed. If increasing your test levels truly helped then wouldn't steroid users never get gynecomastia? The case is exactly the opposite though, gynecomastia is generally a condition very strongly associated with steroid use. The advice Hit Rob gave above is good advice for creating a healthy person/lifter, but the most optimal lifestyle, diet, lifts etc. is only going to effect your Test levels marginally.

My personal opinion is that Green leafy vegetables, and ground flax seeds are much better sources of omega 3's because of the accompanying antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.

If increasing your test level truly helped then wouldn't steroid users never get gynecomastia?

Good question...

Its my understand (from being told by steroid users, one of those people was Dorian Yates), that gynocomastia can come as a side effect from using certain steroids, which ones i'm not sure, its not something i've researched.

Steroid users get gynecomastia because of the hormonal imbalance induced by the exogen testosterone. Raising your endogenous testosterone shouldn't cause this hormonal imbalance.

About the eggs, they aren't necessary. You don't NEED eggs, you do need the omega 3, which is available from many plant sources already cited here =)

Steroid users get gynecomastia because of the hormonal imbalance induced by the exogen testosterone. Raising your endogenous testosterone shouldn't cause this hormonal imbalance.

About the eggs, they aren't necessary. You don't NEED eggs, you do need the omega 3, which is available from many plant sources already cited here =)

Never said he NEED's eggs, but i recommended them for their cholesterol content, the omega 3 is just an added bonus:)

The reasons for someone being vegan varies, i personally do it for health reasons, not moral.

omega 3 enriched eggs (i understand this is a vegan site, but if it was me personally, i do what i need to do).

it was implicit that you would do it because it is needed.

besides all research show that eggs dont provide cholesterol.

LOL, again i didnt say he needed to, what is implied is.... i do what "I" need to do for "MY" health.

The gentleman asked for some advice for battling male gyneo, i give my opinion, and i stand by my advice. If you don't like my opinion, then that's fine, i respect that:)

Funny, one of the main reasons I went vegan is to completely avoid dietary cholesterol. There have been many studies linking dietary cholesterol to cancer.

And the reason steroid users get gynocamestia is because of poor intra and post-cycle therapy, which leads to alot of the excess testosterone being converted into estradiol and estrogen. This causes extremely high levels of estrogen. Thats why many who use gear will stack it with a SERM(selective estrogen response modulator) to block the aromatase pathway of testosterone->estrogen.

So in my opinion you should try to boost your testosterone levels naturally, while also eating large amounts of cruciferous vegetables with every meal, such as brussel sprouts, broccoli, and cabbage. These foods are high in Indole-3-cabinol which has natural estrogen modulating effects.

It helped with my teen gyno when I first got into bodybuilding. Mine wasnt too bad though, I think my body was going through the hormonal changes of puberty, diet, and bodybuilding and was just imbalanced for a bit. I wish you luck, and if nothing works for you it may be a surgical matter.

Funny, one of the main reasons I went vegan is to completely avoid dietary cholesterol. There have been many studies linking dietary cholesterol to cancer.

And the reason steroid users get gynocamestia is because of poor intra and post-cycle therapy, which leads to alot of the excess testosterone being converted into estradiol and estrogen. This causes extremely high levels of estrogen. Thats why many who use gear will stack it with a SERM(selective estrogen response modulator) to block the aromatase pathway of testosterone->estrogen.

So in my opinion you should try to boost your testosterone levels naturally, while also eating large amounts of cruciferous vegetables with every meal, such as brussel sprouts, broccoli, and cabbage. These foods are high in Indole-3-cabinol which has natural estrogen modulating effects.

It helped with my teen gyno when I first got into bodybuilding. Mine wasnt too bad though, I think my body was going through the hormonal changes of puberty, diet, and bodybuilding and was just imbalanced for a bit. I wish you luck, and if nothing works for you it may be a surgical matter.

Hi Sunwarrior,

Am always skeptical when i read about nutritional studies, there's a lot of bad science out there, even from "reputable" sources, i take nothing on faith. For example, the British cancer association recommend's a diet the includes of eggs, dairy and meat, as does the British heart and stroke foundation. Then there was Harvard Medical Schools 15 year red meat study published last year, this is the same "reputable" organisation that put out a study saying too much fruit is bad for you. One would be inclined to ask, just what the hell are we supposed to eat lol.

• 2 months later...

Hi Sunwarrior,

Am always skeptical when i read about nutritional studies, there's a lot of bad science out there, even from "reputable" sources, i take nothing on faith. For example, the British cancer association recommend's a diet the includes of eggs, dairy and meat, as does the British heart and stroke foundation. Then there was Harvard Medical Schools 15 year red meat study published last year, this is the same "reputable" organisation that put out a study saying too much fruit is bad for you. One would be inclined to ask, just what the hell are we supposed to eat lol.

I got gynocomastia as a teen as well. Basically, my nipples are puffy. Nothing, not even a vegan diet has made them disappear. Although becoming vegan has actually made me a bit lower body fat, (which in turn decresed them just a LITTLE bit), it is still there. It will always be there.

I did a lot of research on the topic, and found out that gynecomastia often happens naturally to boys during puberty, caused by higher than average (but still normal) levels of testosterone. The body starts converting the excess testosterone into estrogen-like compounds to compensate, and you magically get male breast tissue.

I am convinced that these hormonal irregularities has more to do with diet and less to do with testosterone levels. In America, we get all kinds of hormones and other garbage in the MILK. There is a discussion on Wikipedia about the correlation of dairy farmers using rBGH hormone in BOVINES. Here is the opening paragraph:

"I'm sure this surge in absurd gynecomastia rates amongst boys for the past 50 years only coincides coincidentally with the period that the milk producers injected cows with rBGH (Recombenant Bovine Growth Hormone). Of course such information is verbotten on Wikipedia. [Europe's] rates are much lower and they don't put hormones in their cows. With forced circumcision and chemical contamination by America's ruthless industries, one wonders if America is nothing more than a large guinea pig factory." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3AGynecomastia

I drank about 4-6 cups of whole milk DAILY growing up. Also, I totally hated 2% and skim milk because it always tasted very watered down to me. That annecdotal evidence is proof enough for me, because you will not get an admission from the responsible industries... I was very disturbed in high school about this and even bought some pills from Canada that were total *BOVINE FECAL MATTER*, to phrase it nicely. Real gynecomastia will be taken to the grave unless you surgically remove it. My ignorant consumption of milk in my past life has disqualified me from having the correct body for competitive bodybuilding... so depressing! It's not very much, but it is noticeable when you look at it from an angle.

There are some reports of using anti-estrogens to reverse pubertal gynecomastia, though IDK if I believe it will work