World's Strongest Man Brian Shaw deadlifts 905x2 at our gym

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

VeganEssentials
Stegosaurus

World's Strongest Man Brian Shaw deadlifts 905x2 at our gym

#1 Postby VeganEssentials » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:41 pm

Our big strongman event in Milwaukee was on Saturday (of course, I couldn't make it after looking forward to it all year), but it was pretty cool that former pro Sam McMahon who puts the contest on was able to get WSM winner Brian Shaw to come out for the contest and help run the events.

The day before, everyone got a session in at our gym, where Brian deadlifted 905 lbs. for 2 reps because "nobody had pulled 900+ in our facility before", just so we could say it had been done under our roof :wink:

http://youtu.be/gf4xo6OW_98

This was also done after a set of 2 reps @ 855 lbs. that looked far too easy, the man truly is a giant and strong as hell.

Hopefully some of that insane strength will rub off on me when I deadlift this weekend! :D
"A 'hardgainer' is merely someone who hasn't bothered to try enough different training methods to learn what is actually right for their own damned body." - anonymous

maybenot
Manatee

Re: World's Strongest Man Brian Shaw deadlifts 905x2 at our

#2 Postby maybenot » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:33 pm

fucking impressive

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”