Lifting/pump

I am currently lifting 3 times a week. Always vegan, mainly whole foods.

I usually lift 3 sets of 9 reps, with a heavy enough weight to fatigue on the 9th rep or so. But I never feel the pump. I have minimal soreness the day of the session, and only usually with chest do I feel muscle soreness the following day.

So it leaves me feeling like I haven't worked hard enough.

Any tips?

My goal is to build muscle-strength, size and definition.

Thanks

I think focusing more on the contractions and making sure the muscles get stimulated deeply will help. Often people tend to naturally lift weights in the most mechanically efficient way possible that doesn't engage the muscles as much as possible. Maybe try slowing down and hold the contractions a bit longer.

I think focusing more on the contractions and making sure the muscles get stimulated deeply will help. Often people tend to naturally lift weights in the most mechanically efficient way possible that doesn't engage the muscles as much as possible. Maybe try slowing down and hold the contractions a bit longer.

Agree. Also try doing partials in the middle of some reps, right at the spot where it's hardest. You'll probably need lighter weights, but it's worth it.