Weight Gains

So since I set my mind to it at the beginning of the summer, I have gained 16 lbs., starting at a scrawny 134 and climbing to slightly less-scrawny 150 as of a few days ago. I'm sure it probably doesn't sound like a lot to most of you (I know some here STARTED at at least 150 - heh), but it feels awesome to hit that mark and I'm now only 4 lbs. away from my ultimate summer goal. To everyone who's working on their goals, keep on keeping on!

I started at 157 in 2000 and got up to 193 in 2003. Now I compete in the 176-lb range, but I'll get heavier again in the future. Bulking up is one of the most fun phases of bodybuilding!

Keep up the awesome work!

Robert

nah! with 15inch arms you cant be huge when they are 17-18inches then ill be enormous. just gotta eat! just gotta goddamn eat!

i would like to have the proportions of the rock at some point in the future, though i doubt that my arms would be quite that big:

http://allstars.pp.ru/movies/w/walking_tall/dwayne_johnson_1.jpg

jonathan

jesus, i just found a picture of the young dwayne 'the rock' johnson and his dad! look at the size of his dad - no wonder the rock is so well built!

http://www.cwfarchives.com/assets/photo/thumb/16012%20copy_jpg.jpg

anyways, as i couldnt find a picture of the rock without a shirt on, his dad serves very well to show the kind of proportions i wish to acheive. do you guys think that at 6foot 7.5, 275lb would get me there?

anyways, as i couldnt find a picture of the rock without a shirt on, his dad serves very well to show the kind of proportions i wish to acheive. do you guys think that at 6foot 7.5, 275lb would get me there?

Yes, I really like The Rock's shape and proportions as well. His dad is awesome too. I'm sure it doesn't hurt anything to come from such fantastic genetics.

It's hard to say exactly what you will look like at 275 pounds, but it has to be pretty impressive. I mean an extra 45 pounds of muscle has to look like something. If you get there and it still isn't enough, then you will have to keep on eating.

hehe! you may be right michael. just keep eating, just keep eating!

i think that anything over the size of the rock looks daft, and besides much larger isnt really possible without steroids/GH.

i hope to reach 275 in three years, maybe four. ill be 24-25 years old then, which will give me 10 years or so to use that mass to get huge maximum lifts

jonathan

• 1 month later...

was 154 at the turn of 2005 got upto 192 last month, but some mega stress made me stop eating and working out all together for weeks.so 4 days ago I was down to 159 lol!, BUT, I'm already up to 171 and really cut, lets see how fast I can climb the weight ladder.

jesus, i just found a picture of the young dwayne 'the rock' johnson and his dad! look at the size of his dad - no wonder the rock is so well built!

http://www.cwfarchives.com/assets/photo/thumb/16012%20copy_jpg.jpg

It's not because of his dad, it's because he is Samoan. YAY POLYNESIANS! Did you see Tevita? Same genes

Huh. That could cause a lot of problems if pm's sometimes don't work here. Could create lots of misunderstandings.

I asked if you could please register at veganfitness.net and post your numbers in the strength table? That bench is very impressive. We need to show off as much as possible.

Huh. That could cause a lot of problems if pm's sometimes don't work here. Could create lots of misunderstandings.

I asked if you could please register at veganfitness.net and post your numbers in the strength table? That bench is very impressive. We need to show off as much as possible.

I don't want to show off, reasons why I barely post my statistics even here.

Perhaps I got the PM and I erased it by accident? I was cleaning out my box some time ago. You can post my stats if you want and link it here, but I really do not like to go showing off, only with the people here since I know them.

No I can't post your stats. They won't let things be done that way. To much like just hearsay.

I understand about not wanting to show off. I feel the same, more so because I'm not really that impressive anyway. I think though we sort of should, from an activism point of view, you know? Actually I need to pose and stuff like Robert does but I feel silly showing off. I guess I should take my own advice better.

No I can't post your stats. They won't let things be done that way. To much like just hearsay.

I understand about not wanting to show off. I feel the same, more so because I'm not really that impressive anyway. I think though we sort of should, from an activism point of view, you know? Actually I need to pose and stuff like Robert does but I feel silly showing off. I guess I should take my own advice better.

It's cool and I understand your point. I seriously though, do not want to go there, and make my first post just on my stats. You can relay info on my lifts, and lead them here and perhaps get more ties between VF and the people on this board (as I have been seeing lately).

As for yours not being impressive, don't say that mate. Theres always going to be someone thats behind you in terms of lifts, be happy of what you do lift right now bro. It's a journey that we all are on, and going forward, we can only develop (at least I hope that for most people).