Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: moving abs in the days off
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:48 am 
Manatee

i am building mass but in my actual program (3days per week) i have just one exercise for the abs and is the normal crunch 3x15, but i feel like the exercises for the abs are not enough and i dont feel such a big change or "pain" at the end of the session, so i was thinking, what if i move the abs exercises in the days when i dont do the others so i can work them better and give them more attention?
i was thinking to do normal crunch 3x15 decline bench crunch 3x15 and roman legs raise 2x15 what do you think is too much? something to change?
looking forward for your tips :D

Post subject: Re: moving abs in the days off
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:12 am 
Manatee

Hi edens, definitely, I have found for me atleqst that I'm able to hut and a few times a week, and they recover faster for me, and its very convenient as I can do it with minimal equipment, also helps me feel better ably bulk fat bc of the pump and occasional soreness, ill post more when I get home in an hour

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:49 am 
Manatee

so yeah, i really hate splitting my gym days into abs days, when i can do that stuff at home, and focus more at the gym

i personally do stuff like this

russian twists (with weights)
crunches (with weights)
pedals
plank(with weights sometimes)
leg raises

and i do like 3 supersets of those things

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:40 am 
Manatee

thank you :D i didnt know about plank exercises. i saw that my belly fat is not going away so fast so yeah i need something more. so do you make 3 sets for every exercise? and how many reps?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:49 pm 
Manatee

hi edens, it really depends on what you can do with good form, many of these exercises are done by time, not reps

start off with 1 minute plank, go for as long as you can (i usually do 2 or 3 minutes)
then straight on to do 40 russian twists (each turn is 1 rep, not each time you go back to where you started)
then straight on to 30 crunches
then a minute of pedals
then 30 leg raises
then a break and do it all 2 more times

and just change the times according to your own core strength, just make sure you have good form, especially on the plank and crunch, many people have trouble with the plank, so if your ass falls out of form, swap to next exercise

as you get stronger, you can rest plates on your back for the plank, hold them at chest for crunch, and for the russian twists, i use an adjustible dumbbell, and can go up as i like it

for the russian twists also, make sure you are controlling the movement, your legs are raised off the ground (or you can leave them on the ground if it's too hard), and you're twisting your body and try to take out as much inertia from the movement as you can, so you're not just throwing the weight from side to side, but making your muscles work

again yeah, it's a good idea to do this at home, i used to do it at gym and i hated splitting up my other days, or adding an extra 15 mins or so to the end of a workout

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:15 am 
Manatee

thank you so much, i will definitely do it, and yeah doing at home is better i dont need to do it at the gym. with this you are having results?
still thank you