Freaky Forearms

This is a post I put on another message board. Someone was asking me about my forearms so I replied with a few photos I'll share here:

This comes up a lot. My forearms are pretty crazy......and I say that without exaderating (sp). I have to keep my body covered up in the gym because my forearms are nearly bigger than my upper arms! When I do massages, I realize that my forearms are bigger than nearly everyones' upper arms and as big as some girls' legs near the knee.

So I wear a sweatshirt in the gym, rolled up to my elbows so the only thing people see are forearms popping with veins and looking crazy

I'll post a few forearm shots just because they are kinda fun. It's kind of a random muscle group to be 'big'

Here is one of me and Triple H (he's a wrestler) and Stephanie McMahon:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/imgs/albums/Olympia-2004/hhh1.jpg

Trying to compete with Lee Priest, known to have the biggest forearms in the World. He killed me in this pose! But he's the best!

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/imgs/albums/Olympia-2004/lee1.jpg

6-Time Mr. Olympia (and one of my favorite physiques of all time) Dorian Yates being out-muscled by a Vegan!

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/imgs/albums/Olympia-2004/dorian.jpg

Random forearm photo:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/images/ship/ship14.jpg

I don't do anything special for forearms. I used to train them a few years ago, specifically and I had a series of exercises I would do. Mostly wrist curls, but I think it came from nearly 5 years of massage therapy. I was a deep tissue/Sports Massage therapist for 5 years. I still do it, just not full-time.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the forearm photos. Now if I could get the rest of my body to catch up to them!

Cool,

Hey, wanna know something funny???

I was on TV recently being interviewed about my Vegan Bodybuilding lifestyle and the lead in to the segment was something like......."You know there must have been something to that story of Popeye eating lots of spinach and getting big muscles, he also didn't have any intake of red meat......well, the same is true for Robert Cheeke. He's a bodybuilder, and he's vegan..............." It was something like that and then it went into footage of me training, a tour of my kitchen, preparing food, and answering questions.

I do love to eat spinach! Michael?

Popeye is a good nickname to have, I'm glad you've been called that. We'll have to see some photos sometime

I do love to eat spinach! Michael?

Popeye is a good nickname to have, I'm glad you've been called that. We'll have to see some photos sometime

Hah. I actually do love spinach! I always use spinach instead of lettuce in salads. I love it cooked with Indian spices or mediteranean style in a spinach pie. Yum!!!

I'll have to find some skinny like Dorian Yates to take my forearm pics next to.

You know Rob I think you have a better body than all those guys!

I do reverse cable curls to work the big muscle in my forearms (Brachioradialis) and wrist curls/reverse wrist curls to work the wrist flexor and extensor muscles (which are several smaller muscles each). For anybody who doesn't know;) My forearms are only about 11 inches though..

Thanks Renee! Those are some of the best bodybuilders in the World, in those photos, including Dorian Yates who was #1 in the World for 6 years. They are all much bigger than me, but also use all kinds of drugs, steroids, and eat meat and tons of eggs and drink lots of milk, so I am much healthier than them and obviously live a more compassionate lifestyle.

I did train forearms specifically for a while and I might again. Now, I mostly just do hammer curls for forearms and some back exercises really get a great pump in the forearms.

Thanks again for the compliments about me compared to those huges guys

Robert

Aaargh!

I wish i could make my forearms grow somehow! (and my upper arms...) They stick out of the shirt, not the abs!

BUT when it comes to veins, i can run with the best

I'll try to make a pic tp prove it

Concerning Lee Priest:

Imho he's NOT the best, he's far from it! He's promoting junk food and getting obscene fat in off season. He says his favorite food is KFC He's the opposite of a role model, but many teen bodybuilders adore him and try to copy him. To me, he represents all that is wrong in the bodybuilding circus. Just my thoughts

Aaargh!

I wish i could make my forearms grow somehow! (and my upper arms...) They stick out of the shirt, not the abs!

BUT when it comes to veins, i can run with the best

I'll try to make a pic tp prove it

Concerning Lee Priest:

Imho he's NOT the best, he's far from it! He's promoting junk food and getting obscene fat in off season. He says his favorite food is KFC He's the opposite of a role model, but many teen bodybuilders adore him and try to copy him. To me, he represents all that is wrong in the bodybuilding circus. Just my thoughts

"You can eat junk and still look like me!" is basically what the kids probably hear.

But his physique is good when in season,...

Edited by kollision

I agree about Lee Priest. I became friends with him years ago, so we've been kinda buddies. I even call Cathy on the phone sometimes, but I know, he has horrible nutrition habits! He gets way too fat, eats terrible foods.

I'm starting to look up to natural and vegan bodybuilders more. But when I first got into it, the IFBB Pros were all my idols and I had fun becoming buddies with guys like Jay, Troy, Lee and others.

I know Lee is not the "best" but he was a top 6 Olympia guy during his best days competing.

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those pictures look great, now I really want to catch up with my forearms as well. Not sure how I'm going to train them though... Dorian Yates advises to NOT train them because they will get trained enough while training your other muscle groups. I have a wrist roller which gave me an extreme pump, I think I will pick that one up again.

How many times a week should I train them?