Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My full-body workout... I hope Ive set it up right
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:40 pm 
Rabbit

Im a new vegetarian. Made the switch 8 months ago and would never go back. With this change, I've tried to do as much as I can to elicit all possible gains

I do a lot of research on my own about hypertrophy & muscle protein synthesis, and quite a bit regarding periodization. I also prefer a full-body workout over any other routine. I'll do this roughly 3 times per week. The question in the title I have stems from this.

Given that research shows that the CNS & muscular adaptations occur more rapidly with daily undulating periodization as opposed to linear periodization, I copy this in to my full-body routine by stair-stepping from a 12RM (3 sets) on workout day 1, to a 10RM (4 sets) on workout day 2, and finally to an 8RM (4-5 sets) on my last workout of the week. Also, every two-three weeks on the Friday, I save that day for immense drop-sets. I hear that helps to break through pateaus if need be. My routine goes something like this, in order

1) Deadlift or Front squat
2) Bent-over rows
3) Mil press
4) Single leg split squat
5) T-bar row
6) Decline Bench press
7) Medium & Wide grip lat pull-ups
8 Ab rope curls, then finish it off with
9 Either full out Power cleans, or just a Snatch (depending how taxed my legs are)

Due to the sake of time, I don't go strictly in order from largest muscle group to smallest (though I hear that's best). I mainly do this because I use the most amount of weight on #1 exercise, a little less on #2, a little less on #3, and about the same amount on #4. It flows very smoothly. This workout seems to be an immense calorie burner. Last workout was on 1300 calories burned after two hours.

With all this in mind, I was wondering if anyone smarter than I or with more experience could give any input on my plan, If it's wrong or could be improved in any way, or any input whatsoever. Any critiques & criticism would be great & Id definitely like to hear about it.

Thanks a lot,
Mark

Last edited by Own-It on Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: My full-body workout... I hope Ive set it up right
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:29 pm 
VBB Moderator

Hey Mark,

congrats on going veg. Check out mini fork lift for some weight training tips or ideas to steal.

Post subject: Re: My full-body workout... I hope Ive set it up right
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:48 am 
Rabbit

Cool, Ill check it out.