Vegan personal trainers

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Jax43615
Finch

Vegan personal trainers

#1 Postby Jax43615 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:26 pm

I am interested doing a bikini or figure competition next year and could use some advice on the trainer I choose.

I live in OH and am having trouble finding a vegan personal trainer if I do choose to give a shot at competing. Is it essential that I find a vegan trainer even if I never get to see them in person?

I know that I can always ask any potential trainers how they feel about coaching someone on a vegan diet because I would think that many are used to preacribing chicken-and-egg-white diets. I am just looking for some guidance :D

Jax43615
Finch

Re: Vegan personal trainers

#2 Postby Jax43615 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:08 pm

Bump

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#3 Postby HIT Rob » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:41 pm

Hi Jax,

Most trainers are not qualified to dispense nutritional advice, their operating outside the field of expertise (Unless the trainer has formerly studied nutrition). If its nutritional advice your after, I would recommend you see a qualified sports nutritionist.For training, no, its not essential to see a trainer face to face, i had phone consultations with the former Mr Universe and HIT pioneer Mike Mentzer in the late 90s, i learned a massive amount from him about the true nature of exercise and many other things, he tough me how to fish (meteorically speaking).

Best
Rob
Last edited by HIT Rob on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jax43615
Finch

#4 Postby Jax43615 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:23 pm

Thank you Rob! I'm sure I will have better luck finding a vegan sports nutritionist :)

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#5 Postby HIT Rob » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:30 pm

Btw, You could ask Scott Shelter's here, i believe he is an experienced S&C with a nutritional background, perhaps he may able to help...
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=35483

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”