Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Olympic Weightlifting and the Vegan diet : Do's and Don'ts
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:40 pm 

Hey everyone my name is Dan and I've been vegan for three whole years. When I first started out i was actually a raw vegan for about the first year (crazy, right?) and to be honest I loved it but it was hard to sustain so I became a regular "cooked" vegan but still eat plenty of raw fruits and veggies.

I know it's been said and we all know this, but just to confirm, not only is being vegan highly conducive to strength gains, it's also fantastic for recovery. When I started this journey I was only 18 and training heavy doing squats, dead lifts, and Olympic weightlifting.

Because my work outs never have more than 3-5 reps, I never got jacked, but my muscles did get larger. My strength gains were very promising. And recovery relative to people who were on a SAD diet was of course fantastic.

Anyway, just wanted to sort of introduce myself and of course plug my you tube channel where I put my training vlogs up as well as other nutrition information I think is critical to share. Would love to answer any of your questions. By trade I'm a personal trainer and very well read on nutrition and such.

Check me out :)

I fully support the vegan lifestyle and movement, and want to endorse it as much as I can