Bulked up 10 lbs, now what?

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Bulked up 10 lbs, now what?

#1 Postby theproblemwithfire » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:29 pm

This seems like an obvious question, but I think I'm mostly in denial about it because I'd rather avoid having to buy even more groceries...

So I've been lifting and eating big for a little over a month and have put on 8-10 lbs from 150 to 160. It only makes sense then that I up my caloric and protein intake as well to match this change in weight, right? OR should I stay pretty close to what I've been doing and just monitor my progress?

Re: Bulked up 10 lbs, now what?

#2 Postby TheSuperVegan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:05 pm

I'd say if you've hit a plateau, maybe up your protein intake a bit. If you're bulking and at around 160 lbs, try maybe taking in 190-200g of protein a day. I stick to 1g per pound, but I'm also staying cut for life; I'd say do 1.2g per pound if you're trying to continue bulking!

If you have NOT hit a plateau, however, just be patient and continue tracking progress!

Best of luck on the gains, my friend!

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”