help. left hip inflammation

i generally never make hard cardio and stretching before squatting.

am i stupid? YES

i am used to warm up lifting light weights, today before the squat i tried to stretch, going down and opening the hips and staying in that position for 1 minute or other stretching position helping to warming the areas involved during squat.

but i dont know why when i tried to squat with light weights i felt weak and when i was coming back in the standing position the left hip was BURNING, so worried that i quit squatting, and tried if with deadlift was the same, and yes was the same, but the pain was going not only in the left hip but in the left butt cheek and even in the left knee. so i quit the workout and went home.

even when i walk or sit i feel like that part is kinda "asleep".

but why the left part? why not both?

why i ended up like this?

Hi Eden,

Personally i no longer stretch before a workout (or after a workout for that matter), contrary to popular belief, there is no warming up imparted by stretching, it is the contraction that draws blood into a muscle and generates metabolic activity to provide a "warm-up". Moreover, in 2006, the American College of sports medicine looked into the the effect that stretching had on strength, the results of the study showed that just one 30 second stretch pre-workout decreased the subjects one rep max by 5.4%, and subjects that preformed six 30 second stretches seen their one rep max decline by 12.4%. Food for though:)

Best

Rob

Hi Eden,

Simply perform a few warm-up sets of the squat, do not use light weights and bounce up and down 15-20 times, use moderate resistance and slow controlled low reps, you could even limited the range of motion a little on the first set before increasing the range of motion, Simmer to the boil if you will.