Thoughts on Vega sport pre workout?

ah i see, sorry..............i must admit i have had a few different types of pre workouts in the past some good some bad......if you get one that works with you then it can really give a feeling of well being and a good pump due to the arginine and other amino acids that most of them contain

So my best bet is just test some out and see what works well with me, personally? Lol

Depends, why do you think you need a preworkout supp for? And how long are you training for? What are you training for? And are you running at strict calorie deficit?

A preworkout supplement should serve a purpose. Like to fuel workouts or added energy or stamina boost, improving endurance. Or faster recovery. Increase blood supply to muscles.

A few examples.. these are just examples..

* If run fasted and under 1 hour then I skip prework food or supplements.

*If I start a run fasted but plan on running 2 hours or more then I skip food but add a caffeine supp of some type.

*If I'm training more then 3 hours a day and I'm running at a calorie deficit then I will a caffien supplement with food or a preworkout drink to my morning workout (which always running) then in the when I hit weights I will an NO supp to add a little something to weight training.

Sorry I got a bit distracted as far as vega sport's preworkout drink. I thinks it's great for what it is. It has a nice mix of carbs for energy and sodium, for replacement. I think Brendon Braizer puts out good products however he's fairly anit-stimulant. So for people who are basically stim junkies (like me) it doesn't provide much in the way of kick. If you aren't use to taking a lot of stims then you might get something out the yerba mate and green tea.

Personally for the price I would just have green tea, yerba mate mix with brown rice syrup & agave nectar. It would be much cheaper.

Met Brandon when he was here in COS.

Asking about supplements can be like asking what's the best oil for your car....contentious. haha.

Me, have tried some of the hydration packs from Vega as during extreme workouts with KM sometimes feel my energy slipping towards the end. Have also tried various sports drinks and just adding chia seeds to my h2o.

Otherwise, I've mostly gone 'natural' with my preworkout energy via smoothies in my Nutribullet. Ice, kale, various fruits that are on hand, some pea protein powder, sometimes some nuts if I have them handy...maybe chia...random stuff to prepare me for the workout (energy both immediate and sustained) and for rebuilding after. Sometimes after workout smoothie too.

Mike Dolce, whom I also met, stated a mantra that stuck with me....eat for what you just did or for what you are going to do.

Taken to heart, with planned out (and for me some experimentation to see what works!) intake of nutrients, from breakfast, through lunch, to about 1-hr before workout and then afterwards to replenish/rebuild I don't personally think supplements are necessary.

Maybe suggest adding such things to your journal. What you ate earlier in the day, just before your workout (if anything), how you felt during workout (strong, energy, fatigued, etc.), and what you ate after. Find what works best for you, supplements or not.

Currently before high intensity KM, need a pretty good sized lunch, usually comprised of some protein, heavy-ish on carbs, and veg like spinach, etc.. On way to KM, typically apple in the car, water for pre-hydration. More water with chia during workout, and then dinner after. Energy sustains me through the workout, can tell when I've not had enough H2O prior as very thirsty after. But works.

Didn't notice much by way of improvement with my hydration stuff added to water. Smoothies work well before doing weights and such. Before/after.

Met Brandon when he was here in COS.

Asking about supplements can be like asking what's the best oil for your car....contentious. haha.

Every time someone asks "hey can recommend me a nutrition & training program?" I always think, My God that's like asking what kind of car you should buy with out any info on the consumer.

I thinks its fair to say that we as a species have done well without the need for pre-workout supplements before performing vigorous exercise. I personally find fasted state workouts are usually more productive than feed state.

I thinks its fair to say that we as a species have done well without the need for pre-workout supplements before performing vigorous exercise. I personally find fasted state workouts are usually more productive than feed state.

Would you really consider vega sport drinks a supplement? I think of them as food.. all it really does is provide sugar & sodium for your the body use. What I consider a supplement is more along the lines of things I can't get from a glass of tea with brown rice syrup. (lol) Like high does of caffeine, 1,3 dim, ect.. something I can't get from food form. I don't consider my protein powders as supps either. I doubt I could talk the FDA into reclassifying them though.

Supplement, food, sports drink, we could debate all day on what to call it, that wasn't the point.

Oh I didn't have a point, was just curious if other people considered those types of preworkout drinks supplements or not.