Training to failure?

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

bodyartt
Rabbit

Training to failure?

#1 Postby bodyartt » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:20 am

When I train to failure on each set, i feel the pump, feel like all the muscles are worked out. But they say training to failure is counterproductive, will not yield good results.

Which is true?

HIT Rob
Gorilla

Re: Training to failure?

#2 Postby HIT Rob » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:28 am

"They" are wrong BA...

Results from exercise is proportional to the intensity of effort, so training to failure IS desirable, not counterproductive. Moreover, intensity of effort can only be accurately measured in two ways, 0% intensity of effort and 100% intensity of effort, thing is, no one actually know's the exact percentage of intensity that is required for stimulating new growth, so by training to 100% intensity of effort, you bypass all other possibilities.

tylerpc73
Rabbit

Re: Training to failure?

#3 Postby tylerpc73 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:44 pm

I tried to train to failure at least on one set during each day of training a body part. I wouldn't go to failure on very low rep sets. Try to reach failure at around 8 to 12 repetitions at least one time
Hey guys just here to get some good advice on vegan bodybuilding. Check out my fitness website here:http://www.ptpioneer.com/

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”