Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Interrupted workout
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:43 pm 
Manatee

Hey, about halfway through my workout this evening I got a bad stomachache and had to quit. I don't think my stomach liked the combination of the Genisoy bar and pre-workout supplement. :)

Anyway, tomorrow should I pick up where I left off, start over from the beginning, or should I just give it up as a loss for the week? It was arms and shoulders night, an area I still feel quite deficient in, so I'd kind of prefer to overwork them this one time, rather than underwork them.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:03 am 
Elephant

Hi there Sknydpr,

This is the reason why you do High Intensity followed by Low Intensity workout, just in case something like this happens as well as some sort of disruption in your schedule. An example on the arms and shoulders would be:

Monday - Heavy volume and intense Arms and Shoulders

Thursday - Light volume and light intensity Arms and Shoulders

Now, where exactly did you leave off on? Were you supersetting the two together?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:05 am 
Elephant

You can always add a few shoulder and arm exercises to your workouts for the rest of the week. I often do that if I have a muscle group that has recovered quickly or didn't get hit hard enough on it's own day. I'll just throw in a few sets for the lagging bodypart later in the week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:47 am 
Manatee

Koll, I barely know what supersets are, that's a bit more advanced than I've gotten this early. :) I just work those two groups, in individual exercises, on Monday.

I think I'll just finish what I didn't get to, tonight. I like Michael's advice, too.

Thanks, guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:20 pm 
Elephant

Sknydpr wrote:
Koll, I barely know what supersets are, that's a bit more advanced than I've gotten this early. :) I just work those two groups, in individual exercises, on Monday.

I think I'll just finish what I didn't get to, tonight. I like Michael's advice, too.

Thanks, guys.

Superset means when you go from one exercise straight to another, with little to no rest. You could superset your biceps such as do dumbbell curls then after that set move straight to barbell curls and after that back to dumbbell curls. Or you could super set triceps and biceps together like doing tricep pulldowns and right after that set move to the barbell curls and after that back to tricep pulldowns. Bascally, no resting in between sets.