How many grams of protein

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

lpranger467
Finch

How many grams of protein

#1 Postby lpranger467 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:49 pm

Hello all,

I just converted to a vegan diet, I'm 6'0 190 and want to stay this weight. I have some rice protein and wondered if I should also get some pea protein. I'm wondering how many grams I need, according to my weight he guidelines are somewhere upwards of 140 grams and most days I'm getting about 60..do I really need 140 grams to maintain-build size.

ishkur
Finch

Re: How many grams of protein

#2 Postby ishkur » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:14 pm

Bodies are all different. I found that I lost a bit of muscle when I dropped my protein from body weight to around 100g. I also found that my recovery was much slower and I had DOMs for a longer time. However, I have read many good outcomes of low protein intake from a few people... I just haven't found that in my experience. Overall, I believe a very spot on CLEAN diet along with eating enough food and adequate progressive lifting will allow you to maintain and possibly build (very very slowly) your muscle regardless of protein as long as you are getting some and other good healthy foods along with supplements and especially amino acids.

Skeering
Rabbit

#3 Postby Skeering » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:36 am

Start off with 1g per pound of lean mass if you can. Then if that's fine, start to decrease it until you feel that you are not recovering as fast anymore. When that happens, you know how much/what type of protein you need. It's all trial and error.

Grizzly237
Rabbit

#4 Postby Grizzly237 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:10 am

It's tough for me to hit 160 grams a day lets just say I go through a lot of protein powder. When I went lower around 100 gram I felt I lost mass and less recovery time from workout but I use unflavored bcaa that help me out a lot 2.

tylerpc73
Rabbit

#5 Postby tylerpc73 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:56 am

If you can reach it, 1 g of protein per pound of body weight is ideal for bodybuilding
Hey guys just here to get some good advice on vegan bodybuilding. Check out my fitness website here:http://www.ptpioneer.com/

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”