protein powders vs. whole foods

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Paige
Manatee

protein powders vs. whole foods

#1 Postby Paige » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:19 pm

I am training to compete in fitness at the Natural Olympia next month. I usually adhere to a whole foods plant based diet. My non vegan coach wants me to eat more protein powder and less carbs. I am looking for any science on protein powders v. Whole foods or anyone's experience. Thanks

jmf
Rabbit

Re: protein powders vs. whole foods

#2 Postby jmf » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:00 am

In my opinion, you're going to need the powder to achieve those necessary macros. At one month out, trust your coach and go represent vegans at the show! (afterall, you did hire him/her based on results with other competitors)

Focus on the show now...challenge the science later. Good luck...please post results!

tylerpc73
Rabbit

Re: protein powders vs. whole foods

#3 Postby tylerpc73 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:58 pm

For the most part I try to do whole foods is much as I can. It is great to supplement with protein powder as well but no more than one time per day. I try to do my protein powder right at the end of my workout because it is easier than getting a whole meal.
Hey guys just here to get some good advice on vegan bodybuilding. Check out my fitness website here:http://www.ptpioneer.com/

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”