What do think of lifting heavier?

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

kathymtns
Manatee

What do think of lifting heavier?

#1 Postby kathymtns » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:19 pm

I love lifting weights and have been doing 10-12 reps, trying to go heavier on the weights. I would like to build more muscle and also lose this last 15 lbs. around my stomach area. I am not as concerned about weight as measurement around my stomach. I was thinking of lifting heavier and doing less reps also because my testostorne was a little low. Would that stall my weight loss to do heavier weights? I can't do a lot of cardio as it wears out my body. I am dealing with hashimotos. Lifting weights doesn't seem to bother me.

What are your thoughts?

HIT Rob
Gorilla

Re: What do think of lifting heavier?

#2 Postby HIT Rob » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:33 am

Hi Kathy,

I would suggest you put getting lean on hold for a few months Kathy, eat to optimise size and strength (its winter, tis the season to build mass), then in a few months go into diet mode and start cutting. While cutting, reduce the stress of your workouts and utilise hypertrophy specific techniques (such as j-reps, 1 1/4 reps, occlusion, pre exhaustion, cluster sets etc). Youll get a better result then training by mixed premises.

Best of luck

kathymtns
Manatee

#3 Postby kathymtns » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:08 pm

Thanks for the advice. I am going to start doing that.

tylerpc73
Rabbit

#4 Postby tylerpc73 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:54 am

Lifting heavier weights is the key to simulated muscle growth and you will plateau without lifting heavier and heavier over the months.
Hey guys just here to get some good advice on vegan bodybuilding. Check out my fitness website here:http://www.ptpioneer.com/

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”