forearms.

• 2 weeks later...

Dare I say, I think forearms are a bit like calves, i.e., mostly genetic. My forearms have always grown really well, their very strong but fatigue really quickly. Adding an assortment for wrist curls and grip work never produced any additional growth for me, heavy back training was more than sufficient.

Rob

Yeah, that might help, but then I recommend one lat isolation movement, preferable a machine pullover, failing that a DB pullover or stiff arm pulldown, reason being with thick bar training your forearms will most likely fatigue before your lats.

• 4 weeks later...

Try this...

I used a piece of plastic pvc pipe 2 in. diameter, about 2 ft. long. I then drilled a hole straight through the middle and used some rubber coated wire (all I had in the garage, but string etc. will work) thread through the hole and tie in a knot. Tie a D-clip on the other end (make sure it's small enough to fit through the middle of your plate weights, might have to do some thinking if you don't use Olympic sized plates) and now you have a cheap and effective forearm tool!

Just act like you are wringing out a wet towel and roll the thing up and down, with desired weight attached, with arms outstretched! We had similar things in the high school football weight room way back in the day, that's where I got the idea.

Your forearms will be burning after doing a few sets of these. I use 5-15 lb. depending on a lot of factors.