Push Pull Legs question

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

AZvegan
Rabbit

Push Pull Legs question

#1 Postby AZvegan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:14 am

I am changing over to Push-Pull-Leg split because I feel it's time to change things up. It's a little confusing to me however. For example, Push Day needs to be chest, shoulders and Triceps which I understand. Where I get confused is when it comes to things like Dumbbell Side Lateral Raises and Dumbbell Rear Lateral Raise. These are shoulder exercises but aren't they a Pull and not a Push? Should I do these on Pull Day with my back? I know it's probably insignificant but I want to get things as correct as possible in order to maximize my time in the gym.

Thanks guys!

Espirito
Rabbit

Re: Push Pull Legs question

#2 Postby Espirito » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:21 am

The best exercise for legs, is sprints.

Try this ..

1 Sprint ( 30 meters )
Rest 30 seconds.
2 Sprints
Rest 30 seconds

Try this until you reach the 12 / 16 set.

In the next followed days you will have your legs hurting :D

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#3 Postby HIT Rob » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:46 pm

AZvegan wrote:I am changing over to Push-Pull-Leg split because I feel it's time to change things up. It's a little confusing to me however. For example, Push Day needs to be chest, shoulders and Triceps which I understand. Where I get confused is when it comes to things like Dumbbell Side Lateral Raises and Dumbbell Rear Lateral Raise. These are shoulder exercises but aren't they a Pull and not a Push? Should I do these on Pull Day with my back? I know it's probably insignificant but I want to get things as correct as possible in order to maximize my time in the gym.

Thanks guys!

Hi Mate,

Rear delts would be trained on pull day, but if your looking to maximize your time spent in the gym, id recommend forgoing rear delt flyes, the posterior delt receives sufficient stimulation from chins, rows, pulldowns etc. Id only recommend them if theres a very specific reason.

Best
Rob

AZvegan
Rabbit

#4 Postby AZvegan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:26 pm

Thanks HIT Rob. I will keep that in mind especially since I do chins and dumbbell rows.

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”