running out of energy during training

TheGray

Hello!

I would like to know how you handle your energy during your workout.

My routine consists of five to seven exercises. After the third exercise I start to get really tired and I have to force myself to go on. I eat a full meal (about 600 kcal) two hours before my workout but I still feel like I'm running out of energy.

Is it just me or do you feel the same? Maybe that is what working out is supposed to feel like

How well conditioned are you to the training? If you're new to the training methodology or simply "out of shape" you'll have to work up to more volume and intensity...and in the meantime, you will be fatigued early in the workout. Stick with it!

Hello!

I would like to know how you handle your energy during your workout.

My routine consists of five to seven exercises. After the third exercise I start to get really tired and I have to force myself to go on. I eat a full meal (about 600 kcal) two hours before my workout but I still feel like I'm running out of energy.

Is it just me or do you feel the same? Maybe that is what working out is supposed to feel like

Hi there:)

Is your intensity of effort high? If so, this is fairly normal, given that intensity and volume co exist on an inverse ratio. My advise is this, try taking a pre workout supplement that contains beta alanine which to a degree will help with the fatigue, second take intra supplementation, perhaps after that third movement. Intra, I use a bcaa's mixed with glucose, swirl it under your tongue (gets it into the blood stream quicker). This helps replenishing the fast twich glycolytic fibers.

Help this helps

Rob

Yes that'll works too, is it counterproductive? Not necessarily, depends on your specific goals and other variables. Once youve got your breath back and youve reset psychologically then have at it again, but dont needlessly malinger or do what many powerlifters do, I.e., have a picnic between sets lol.

best

Rob

How well conditioned are you to the training? If you're new to the training methodology or simply "out of shape" you'll have to work up to more volume and intensity...and in the meantime, you will be fatigued early in the workout. Stick with it!

sorry, did not see your answer earlier =)

Well, I started working out last April, so it is almost a year. However, back then I started with running twice a week for 25 minutes (I started working out because I had a heart problem), and slowly increased my workout, changed it a 100 times... now I workout four times a week, which I have been doing for several months now (lets say 6 months). So in the beginning it was only cardio, by now it changed to only lifting weights as I like that the most (although I intent to start running and such as soon as it gets warmer - I hate crosstrainers). I'm sure I could be fitter. Also I'm a person that gets constantly sick so I have at least one week a month, where I feel like crap and therefore only workout once or twice a week (which is - I'm sure - one of the reasons I'm not seeing the biggest results).

@Rob: I now rest about two minutes - so I hope I'm on the save side