dumbbell/body weight strength training

hi everyone,

i've been strength training about 6 months now, and in the past 3 months decided to start getting more serious and focusing on tracking progressions and using body part splits. so i was wondering what your thoughts are on my dumbbell / body weight push/pull routine? i use dumbbells and body weight because i work out at home, with access to a pull up bar at a nearby park and two 100-lbs adjustable dumbbells and a bench as my equipment.

i made this routine wanting to emphasize major body parts twice per workout (with a heavy compound lift at 5-8 reps and a lighter more body part focused lift at 12-15 reps) and emphasizing each body part twice per week. for legs i have tried to include many single-leg lifts because i am using lower weights with dumbbells, obviously.i also have an adjustable 80 lbs weighted vest i plan to incorporate into pull ups and squats so i can get into lower rep ranges on those once i improve and max out what i am squatting with my 100 lbs dumbbells

anyway, let me know what you think of this routine - i kind of pieced it together myself borrowing what i've seen on other push-pull sample workouts and modified it for bodyweight and dumbbells. i've been doing this about 3 weeks and i've been able to progress decently on most of the lifts. anything i should change?

Pull day (Tuesday)

3 sets pull ups

3 sets bent over dumbbell rows

3 sets decline crunches

3 sets dragon flags

3 sets single-leg romanian deadlifts

3 sets dumbbell hamstring curls

3 sets alternating biceps curls

3 sets concentration biceps curls

3 sets dumbbell shoulder shrugs

Push day (Wednesday)

3 sets dumbbell bench press

3 sets dumbbell flyes

3 sets dumbbell squats (with weights rested on shoulders)

3 sets dumbbell lunges

3 sets dumbbell standing overhead press

3 sets dumbbell lateral raises

3 sets dumbbell triceps kickbacks

3 sets dumbbell standing calf raises

Pull day (Saturday)

3 sets weighted pull ups

3 sets single-arm rows

3 sets hanging leg raises

3 sets dragon flags

3 sets single-leg romanian deadlifts

3 sets dumbbell hamstring curls

3 sets standing dumbbell curls

3 sets dumbbell concentration curls

3 sets dumbbell shoulder shrugs

Push day (Sunday)

3 sets flat dumbbell bench press

3 sets flat dumbbell flyes

3 sets dumbbell standing overhead press

3 sets dumbbell lateral raises

3 sets dumbbell "deadlift" squats (for these i do not rest them on my shoulder, but use heavier dumbbells, and pick them up from between my legs in a deep squat, then hinge up and pull the weights onto my thighs for the "deadlift" motion)

3 sets dumbbell lunges

3 sets close-grip bench press

3 sets dumbbell skull crushers

3 sets dumbbell standing calf raises

thanks in advance if you have any advice on improvement or can suggest some better dumbbell / body weight exercises i should swap out

• 1 month later...

I've mainly been using DB's since Feb 2017, sold my house and home gym which included barbell and moved into an apartment building that has an exercise room. Has only DB's up to 50 lbs but there is a machine with pulley cables.

Basic is Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday, days I'm not working for a builder as general labourer

DB suitcase squats, then I'll use the machine front leg raise and standing 1 leg curl. sometimes I'll work on pistol squats.

DB single leg calves

DB pullovers

DB bench press

Machine front pulley pull-down still facing the seat backrest I'll do rows with the pull/press attachment

DB curls and shoulder press

Sit-ups. Push-ups.

Then climb the stairs to my apartment 2 at a time to the 15th floor.

I'll do some Charles Atlas Dynamic Tension self resistance exercises between sets.