Body weight workouts and bulking

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

BradKemp
Finch

Body weight workouts and bulking

#1 Postby BradKemp » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:05 am

So, I've just started bulking and body building in general, I weigh 57/58 kilos and I'm 174cm tall. I know I'm under weight but I do have muscle.

My plan is to reach 70 kilos by the start of july, consuming around 2900 calories with the help of the website "Eat this much" which calculates what I need and plans daily meals. I'll also be using products from this site http://www.veggie-style.com/ONLINE-SHOP/index.php?aff_id=33 (It has a 10% discount code "plantpowered")

Also before I join a gym or anything similar, I'll be doing bodyweight workouts at home.

Any tips or techniques I should try or know? is my goal realistic? or does anyone have expirience bulking from a slim build? thanks in advance :D

Catman
Finch

Re: Body weight workouts and bulking

#2 Postby Catman » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:06 pm

If you're eating more calories than you burn, you'll gain weight. Assuming you're eating a reasonable amount of protein, and are providing stimulus (i.e. working out), you'll gain muscle. No need to make it much more complicated than that when starting out.

Bodyweight workouts can be incredibly difficult, especially if you have access to a pull-up bar and/or rings.

I wouldn't worry about a target weight, just focus on slowly increasing your weight and making sure you're moving in the right direction.
Compassion is strength. Vegan Protein Lab

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”