Cleaning video, technique advice anyone?

I don't know much about cleans to be honest. But in the future, I hope we get more strong men/women over here and we'll get more feedback for you.

I hope all is well in the strength department. Winter is approaching and it is a GREAT time to eat, stay warm, and bulk up and get strong!

They don't look too bad...I too hit my thighs when I used to clean but I think you maybe be making the bar travel a little too far from vertical for my tastes...a bit of wasted energy...also you can do them much faster...since you didn't need to catch the bar low you can pull much harder since your getting the bar far higher than you need to for a successful clean.

Here I am powercleaning 50kg, Im hoping for some comments on my technique.

It seems to me that I bend my arms too early and pull too much backwards instead of straight up.

Here's the video

BTW I hate making videos of my powercleans. They allways end up looking much worse than I thought .

Was that your knees crackling???! Poooor Gusti!

BTW I hate making videos of my powercleans...

Yea, right!

Cute li'l hop there . I also like the bald head

They don't look too bad...I too hit my thighs when I used to clean but I think you maybe be making the bar travel a little too far from vertical for my tastes...a bit of wasted energy...

Hmm, now that you say it I had a look and you are right that I am pulling the bar into my thighs when it passes the knees.. Perhaps I should instead push my hips in more. Ill have to think about that next time. Damn hard this cleaning technique .

As for hitting the thighs, as far as I know the bar should hit the thighs. At least thats what I've read, been told and seen in videos.

also you can do them much faster...since you didn't need to catch the bar low you can pull much harder since your getting the bar far higher than you need to for a successful clean.

If I do them faster the technique gets even worse, believe me .

Was that your knees crackling???! Poooor Gusti!

Probably. You have good hearing .

BTW I hate making videos of my powercleans...

Yea, right!

Oh, guess you are right, if I really hated it I wouldnt do it. So let's instead say I allways get dissapointed with my technique. Which is strange since it allways dissapoints me at the gym as well .

Cute li'l hop there .

Good, I work hard on improving the cuteness of my workouts .

I also like the bald head

Damn, and here I was thinking I still had a little hair left . Glad you like it anyway .

I've seen people clean nearly twice their weight by hitting their thighs and not hitting them...but to me it seems that mostly everyone hits their thighs...try not keeping your hips back but making your hips meet the bar

With the thigh hitting or waist hitting the bar, it does allow you to move more weight. That was a rule change made in the early 60's for the olympics (allowing the bar to touch the body) that caused the poundages moved to increase dramatically.

It appears you don't activate your hips at all. Squeeze your butt and jump to help pull your hips forward. Takes a fair amount of practice.

Regards,

Sensless