Chest, no bench

Xavier

I currently have a very limited setup - dumbells and a half-bench (it's actually a piano seat - I can sit/kneel on it, but not lie down). I can also do overhand pullups on the stairs

Can you recommend any ways to work my chest with this setup? I currently do inclined push ups (feet about a metre up), but this is limited since I can't add any weight.

Try Clap Press ups!

Man, they're tough. Got through 3 x 10, don't think I was doing them quite right though. Certainly didn't feel right!

I built a dip rack with about $10 worth of lumber. See viewtopic.php?t=145554 and scroll down

That looks ace. You're looking at a man who very nearly failed the one woodworking subject he's ever done. I wouldn't know which end of the hammer to hold. Might get the old man to help me out next time I'm home...

Haven't tried the bike tube yet ... we have a bike store just down the road but I've been working late and haven't been able to get there when it's open yet.

You could try more difficult push-up variations to add to your repertoire:

Plyo push-ups (like clap push-ups without the clap)

1-arm push-ups (make sure feet are spread wide for balance)

Dive-bomber push-ups (start in almost a 'downward dog' yoga position, then pretend that you are scooping under a fence and end up in 'upward dog' then reverse the way you came.

Decline push-ups.

Triangle push-ups (hands close together, so thumbs of both hands are touching, and the fingers form a triangle shape, with elbows out to the side).

Push-ups with one or both hands on a medecine ball or both hands on a stability ball. (And using a stability ball ---a burst resistant one!--for dumbbell presses and flyes makes them more difficult by calling on stabilizing muscles more, especially if you do each side separately).