Abs Diet

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

CollegeB
Elephant

Abs Diet

#1 Postby CollegeB » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:09 pm

Has anyone else heard of this? I think its from men's fitness or some magazine like it. I read an article that said the diet is mostly vegetarian which is suprising coming from one of these men's mags. Has anyone tried this plan? I know we have the diet part down.

http://aolsvc.aol.com/dietfitness/az/abs_checklist.adp

bighead
Rabbit

#2 Postby bighead » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:13 am

i saw this book at costco. it does suggest eating good things like peanut butter, raw almods, blueberries, green tea, whole wet grains...stuff robert and everyone else suggests regularly. but it's big on egg whites and whey protein. that's where most of the protein comes from.

i stopped looking at it after that. it seemed to preach mostly high intensity abs workouts. lots of the routine looked like mat pilates to me. but that is because i do mat pilates for abs.

but, yes. the diet was pesco vegetarian. i think it said to eat salmon and white fish. but the whey and egg whites seemed crucial. :(

CollegeB
Elephant

#3 Postby CollegeB » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:07 pm

Ohh okay. I am still suprised something mainstream like that would not advocate eating huge steaks, and be more adkins. It really shows we are on the right track.

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”