how about a new shape-up contest?

lelle

hey

since it's rather hard to keep myself motivated over a longer period I thought about a new contest: start -> in the next days; end -> start of summer.

every participant can start a contest log and, of course, should take some before pictures (no need to, you do that for yourself and nobody else!)

whatchaaa think? any suggestions?

lelle, nooooooooooo!

But, if Rob should agree and host another contest, i will take part!

And i will win - the biggest change is mine!

Before: 84kg ripped to shreds!

After: 104kg fat bastard!

SHAPE DOWN CONTEST!

Let's grow!

Disclaimer:

I do not advocate excessive weight gain. This post is for entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or bodybuilding forum before you start a bulking diet.

lelle, nooooooooooo!

SHAPE DOWN CONTEST!

Let's grow!

Disclaimer:

I do not advocate excessive weight gain. This post is for entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or bodybuilding forum before you start a bulking diet.

I knew it wouldn't be long before those Scotland boys "corrupted??" you! Eat loads, bulk and be happy! (It has a nice ring, no?)

lelle, nooooooooooo!

SHAPE DOWN CONTEST!

Let's grow!

Disclaimer:

This is my kind of challenge!

Before - 102kg fat bastard

After - 112kg fatter bastarder

Bring it on

Well, everyone has different goals for their body, I think with the last contests, people were voted on depending on their targets that they set themselves beforehand, so some people can say they want to lose 10 lbs, some people can say they want to gain 10 or whatever

I would love to do one, I'm just so far behind and don't even have the results up for the last one

My schedule got soooooo busy over the last few months I can't keep up with everything.

Once I get the photos up from our last challenge and the results in, etc. perhaps we could sponsor another one. Not that prizes are main motivators, but we like to give away about $1000 worth of great vegan stuff that I get donated from companies and organizations.

Of course, someone else can start a challenge too and I can donate some of my own stuff and look for other prizes.

It's just way too much for me to do and I feel really bad about not getting things done on time.

So, if someone wants to step up and write all the guidelines, deadlines, info, etc. I can do what I can to help, I just can be in charge of it right now.

All the best!

Train Hard Eat Plenty!

I've never been able to say "no" before. It has been a serious problem for me for about 10 years. But I can't take on much more, it's just dragging me down. I'm hanging out with Brendan Brazier and Tonya Kay this week and they have so many major projects like movies, books, tours, etc. and it's wearing them down too.

I do have a virtual assistant....Richard! There is no way I'd be anywhere near where I am without Richard.

But I am going to get an assistant, book-keeper, all those things soon I'm the only one of the Documentary Vegan Fitness Team members without an agent But they need one much more than I do. Give me another year or two.

I'm all for the contests and supporting everyone's goals. You guys/gals put it together and I'll support it and promote it and help reward people for their efforts.

I agree, good to see you say no to something Rob!

Lelle, i think you shouldn't need a contest to be motivated to shape up.

I was only joking, i really don't think we should have another contest like that before next year (when it's time to get ready for the beach season! )

lelle, nooooooooooo!

sooo....

well, I could take care of the contest - no problem

I would suggest the following "rules" and deadlines:

Start: Friday, 8th of december 2006

End : Friday, 8th of juni 2007

six months - enough time to make significant progress I think.

you can do the contest just for yourself OR you take before- and after pictures so we can make a poll to choose the winner (just cut off the head if you don't feel comfortable with half-naked pictures of yourself on the net) and don't forget to weigh yourself (for the bulkers and cutters ).

the only rule I would suggest is that every person taking part has to maintain a contest-training-log to keep on track.

so that's it. is there anything important left? if so, then let me know, thanks!

and Rob, it would be awesome if you had some small gifts for the first 1-3 places. I don't think prices are very important, the biggest one is progress

Edited by lelle

Lelle, i think you shouldn't need a contest to be motivated to shape up.

I was only joking, i really don't think we should have another contest like that before next year (when it's time to get ready for the beach season! )

lelle, nooooooooooo!

well, it will help a lot with movivation I think - yeah a look in the mirror would also help...

yeah, exactly that was my intention - getting ready for the beach season by kicking ass the next six months!

Sounds good to me, the more competitions the better. Are you going to be the one who collects the photos of peopel lelle? If so, we'll need your e-mail address. As well as that, you'll need to get people's targets from them, in a brief sentence or paragraph I guess

right, some before photos and the respective aims of every competitor can be send to an email address I'll announce later.

But I'll start a new thread in the next days (as soon as I get the official okay from Rob, of course), which then is the official one.

One thing though, is there some way to standardise how everyone takes/poses for the photos so they all look the same?

great! yap, at least a picture from the front, from the back and from the side is suggested. You also should have the same posture in the before- and after pictures. I'll post the official thread to the contest soon, so everything should be clear.

edit:

I think we could have 3 poses (front, back, side) relaxed and the same ones flexed, so we have a total of 6 poses.