Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:26 am 
Site Admin

Awesome dude! Glad to have you back. Motivate me to do more push-ups!

I think competing with you Mr. Will can get me to set a new personal best for myself.

I will also be going for 500/500 soon. I did it last year in Las Vegas but I'll do it again for the website, so it will count.

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:52 am 
Rabbit

I'm in...

115 sit ups...this included 30 leg lifts
100 push ups in sets of 10

Thanks...this is more than I would have done without the 100/100 club!

"Let the people be holy and every animal and creeping thing will be filled with peace; and the soil of the earth will bring forth in its strength, and the fruits thereof will be meat for man."
--Brigham Young

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:34 am 
Site Admin

Awesome job Mike!

Great work. Keep on racking up the numbers. It's fun to hit a new milestone so when you get higher, say 200/200, let us know!

Take care, I should do a bunch today too!

Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:38 pm 
Site Admin

This was a great idea. I've done 100 push-ups and 100 sit-ups. 100 push-ups sounded easy. But doing a set then a small rest, then another set, and another rest etc does sap my strength :o by the end, the sets were very small. 150 or 200 will be a great target, it will push me. Some time soon I will try chin-ups. But uhhhhh I suck at them. I think I will aim for 50 initially, even that will be an achievement for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:58 am 
Site Admin

The nice thing about these competitions is that they ultimately get us to compete against our prior selves. So I'm about to post a number that might seem a tiny bit intimidating, but it is just for me. Remember if you're part of the 50/50 club, you can move up to 100/100 and up and up, etc.

Today I joined the 500/500 club.

I did 550 push-ups and 700 sit-ups. One of my goals is to get up to the 500/500/500 club, which includes pull-ups too, and the 1000/1000 club.

I'm getting close, so I may try again later on this week or next week.

Keep the numbers coming in and remember that in the end, all these numbers just inspire us as individuals to do more. Just like the back hang contest, the first thing on my mind is ALWAYS to beat my own best time, and then think about maybe beating someone elses' time which may be greater than mine.

Keep on moving up to a new club level!

-Robert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:49 am 
Rabbit

Wow...that's impressive, Robert.

Tonight (I'm on Tokyo time right now) going for 200 sit ups...but I need to rest from push ups as I have a knot in my left pec...I need to get it worked out...muscle knot from chronic shoulder issues...bummer.

"Let the people be holy and every animal and creeping thing will be filled with peace; and the soil of the earth will bring forth in its strength, and the fruits thereof will be meat for man."
--Brigham Young

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:27 am 
Rabbit

200 sit ups
200 deep knee bends (sub for push ups)

good night!

--Brigham Young

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

Awesome Mike!

Glad to hear you did a substitute. Others can sub things in too. I know Topher has a hard time with push-ups because of a pinched nerve, so maybe he can do some other exercise like that too.

Dips are fine for those who don't want to do push-ups, and squats without weights.

All of these things are meant to be done with just your own bodyweight, no weights....pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, dips, squats, etc.

Keep it coming, great job mate!

Robert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:06 pm 
Site Admin

Why do I suck so bad at chin-ups? Is it just because I haven't trained my back as much as my chest? Or are they generally harder on those muscles than push-ups? My record for push-ups in a row is 50. My record for chin-ups in a row is like 12 or something. I am going right down so that my arms are straight, and then pulling up so my chin goes above the bar, then going back down so arms are straight etc. That's how you do them right? How many can people do in a row? What is the 'normal' ratio of the limit for chin-ups and the limit for push-ups?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:33 pm 
Elephant

My record for consecutive pullups is about 18 or 19. I've never tried to max out on pushups in a row, I usually just do them in sets of 25. But yeah, I know what you mean, I think pullups are harder to do than pushups

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:35 pm 
Elephant

Congratulations on the 500/500 club Rob. If you can pull off the triple 500 that would be really impressive. Just doing the 500 pullups alone has got to be tough

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:39 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Will,

500/500/500 will be completed soon. One day when I feel like spending a long time at the gym! Since I don't have a pull-up bar at home, I'll have to be at the gym to do those.

For the ratios......

I think I've done 77 push-ups in a row, and 40 pull-ups in a row, but 40 is pretty high. The most recently is 25 in a row, the day I did sets of 20-25 to get over 100 for the 100/100/100 club.

Pull-ups are MUCH harder. Most people can only do a few, or none at all. Most people in general, that is. Most fitness people may be able to do 10-20. They are quite hard, so 12 is pretty good!

I think pull-ups are one of the best exercises you can do...period!

Keep up up guys and gals!

Robert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:09 pm 
Site Admin

Okay so 500 pull-ups is quite intense, even for someone who doesn't suck :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:29 am 
Rabbit

I suck at pull ups, too. I haven't even tried to do them in years! When I was in the best shape of my life...which is only "average" shape...I could only do like 5. So, doing 500 is in outer space for me....maybe 500 over the rest of my life...

I also suck at dips...same as pull ups.

--Brigham Young

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:52 pm 
Site Admin

I did 200 push-ups today. The first 100 were piss, I was surprised. Onto the next goal. I still suck on the hanging-back god damn it. Still my best is 1:05.

EDIT: AHA. AHAHAHA. 250 :x

EDIT: THREE HUN-DRED! BITCH. I'm done now. The last 5 killed me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next