Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:29 am 
Finch

i did 285 press ups on monday, but no sit ups, and about 12 pull ups.
I do some more today though. But for now i'm in the 0/0/0 club, unless there's a 285/0/12 club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:56 am 
Rabbit

Realise this is still pathetic compared to the numbers you guys are racking up (which are seriously impressive :shock: ), but over the last week have got uptp 30/30, which for me is incredible ! :) Never know, by next weekend may even have got upto 50 (blimey)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:12 pm 
Elephant

30/30 is nothing to be ashamed of - as you long as you keep working at it you'll get there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:14 pm 
Elephant

I'm working on 500/500 today, as of 5:14pm. As of I'm about halfway there. If I finish the 500/500 today, then I'm going to try for the triple 500 next Saturday

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:47 pm 
Site Admin

All the numbers for everyone are great! Really, what it comes down to, is this is a competition against our own selves. To do better (or more) than we did the previous time.

We post our numbers to compare to others for fun and to encourage each other. Like I've said a few times with these contests, especially the back hanging one......my first thought is Always about trying to beat MY own personal record....then I think about times someone else may have done. And then I'll try to beat that too, if I can.

So keep on sharing the numbers, it is great to see the improvements everyone is making!

Will............good luck with the 500/500, the key is to do them consistently all throughout the day in smaller sets. When I put up my 550/700 I crammed in quite a few in the final hour before midnight. Next time I'll pace myself a little more.

Keep us updated!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:45 pm 
Elephant

I ended up doing only 400 pushups / 300 situps. I had energy to do more, but I ran out of time. So just like you were saying above Rob, it's all about doing them consistently throughout the day. I'll try again for 500/500 next Saturday

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:28 am 
Site Admin

Those are good numbers Will.

Today I broke into the 700/700 club.

I did 715 push-ups and 1,065 sit-ups.

Both NEW website records, and the 715 push-ups is my own personal best total for one day, for my whole life.

I'm still going for the 1,000/1,000 club, and I think I can achieve that very soon.

Keep em coming! Don't worry about trying to get numbers this high, remember the first thing is to try to be better than the last time you did it, so just improving for yourself, then focus on trying to beat others for friendly competition.

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:28 pm 
Rabbit

I was wondering how everyone fitted all this into your usual routine (hope this hasn't been asked by someone before I should have read the whole thread :oops: ), but just incase it hasn't, how are you fitting this into your days. I assume that on say chest day you wont do heaps of press-ups before your training (for example), so are you doing them between training days, daily, a set amount of days a week, say 3 times a week or what? Also how do you fit them into your day, say X amount first thing, X amount lunch time, X amount in the evening, so many an hour or what. Just curious about how you've devised your systems.

Vegan Bodybuilding Facebook

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:39 pm 
Elephant

Pete, I just started working on the 500 club; but for now, my plan is to do it on Saturdays. Right now, I go to the gym 7 days a week, and I'm planning on resting my chest/tris and abs on Fridays (possibly Thursdays too) to prepare. Also, as far as a schedule goes, I didn't really do that last time, I just would drop and do a set of 25 pushups or 50 situps whenever I thought of it. Next week, I'm going to try to stick to doing 100/100 per hour, starting in the morning, so I should be done by early afternoon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Pete,

This is only something I do about once per week and it doesn't seem to get in the way of anything.

For example: When I train chest, I always do sets of push-ups (press-ups) before using weights, as a warm-up.

I usually do 3 or 4 sets of 40, so right there, that is a good 120-160. Then sometimes, I do supersets with push-ups. After I rack the bar after bench press, I drop to the floor and do push-ups as a super-set.

Since I'm training Chest that day, I just continue doing push-ups in sets of 20-40 reps all throughout the day.

I do push-ups every single day, along with sit-ups too, but usually just about 50 of each, which takes under 5 minutes. I do them as a discipline practice. To know that I can do things consistently without quitting or missing a day. So I don't do them daily for muscle reasons, I do them daily to teach my mind and body about consistency.

I only do say 500 of them once per week, on chest day.

For the pull-ups for the 100/100/100 club, I'll do those with back day. Same thing with the back hang, on back day.

It doesn't mess up training at all. It only takes a bit of time, and doing them in small increments is easy on the body.

-Robert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:52 pm 
Elephant

robert wrote:

I usually do 3 or 4 sets of 40, so right there, that is a good 120-160. Then sometimes, I do supersets with push-ups. After I rack the bar after bench press, I drop to the floor and do push-ups as a super-set.

Since I'm training Chest that day, I just continue doing push-ups in sets of 20-40 reps all throughout the day.

i would say that if you can drop to the floor and still do press ups after benching, you arent benching hard enough! :lol: (i just drop to the floor - not a chance of a press up!).

also, i believe that muscles grow when you are resting, not when you are exercising. that for me is an incentive to train less frequently and rest more - just an excuse to be lazy really! thing is - the less active i am - the more i progress. a thousand press ups in a day would only serve to set me back.

jonathan

Repeat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:47 pm 
Elephant

now i'm motivated! I'm going to drop right now and give you 5--. yeah, just 5. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:15 am 
Rabbit

I totally don't get this, Robert. How can you do 135 pull ups, but only hang for 1:52. How long does it take you to do the pull ups? Does the pull up use different muscles? (Understand that I can't do any pull ups or chin ups, so I wouldn't know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:23 pm 
Rabbit

Sirdle said:
Quote:
I totally don't get this, Robert. How can you do 135 pull ups, but only hang for 1:52.

He does them in batches, not 135 at once. Imagine how long you could hang if you were allowed to hang for as long as you wanted, as many times as you like in one day!
He spreads out the chins over the day, so he probably never hangs for more than say 40 secs at a time, then rests.

Vegan Bodybuilding Facebook

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:31 pm 
Rabbit

Got it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next