100/100 Club and 500/500 Club

Hey, I'm sure some of you have heard of the 40/40 club in American Baseball. It was pretty popular in the 90's. It represented 40 home runs and 40 stolen bases in a regular season by an athlete. It was a pretty elite group to be part of. Then I think they came out with the 40/40/40 club, 40 home runs, 40 stolen bases, and 40 doubles, another elite group of athletes to be part of.

So I thought we could start some little clubs here. This will just be for fun and not to show "elite" aspects of training like it represented in baseball, but just some fun goals to work towards.

I figured we'd start out small with the 100/100 club. 100 push-ups and 100 sit-ups done in one day. They can be done in various sets throughout the day to reach or excede the totals. Then we can also have our 500/500 club....doing 500 push-ups and 500 sit-ups in one day.

I also wanted to do a 500/500/500 club, 500 push-ups, 500 sit-ups and 500 pull-ups all done in one day.

Again, this isn't for everyone, this is just for fun for those who want to try it and take on the challenge.

As I'm sure everyone can tell, I like these little contests (back hanging, push-ups, pull-ups, etc.) and it makes workouts fun, pushes me hard, keeps me consistent and dedicated, and promotes from friendly competition with all of you! It's also a great way to stay in shape doing those exercises.

A typical day for me puts me in the 100/100 club, but I'll wait and post numbers.

So simply post the numbers for the day and welcome to the club! My goal is to get up to the 500/500/500 club soon. Then who knows maybe 1000/1000 club

Take care everyone, best of luck.

-Robert

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Robert.

In general, i like the idea of these competitions. It's a motviation to do something new. But in this case, i won't take part:

I think that doing 1`000 push-ups and pull-ups on one day would interfere with my regeneration from the workout. And i wouldn't do it instead of a workout, because i use heavy weights instead of high reps. And it would simply take too long

But all the others, have fun doing it! Maybe in my deconditioning phase i'll do it once to be in the 1'000 club Hehe.

Cheers,

Daywalker

Hey, no problem guys, I'm sure I'll get some people to join the club. To keep it easy for you guys, I'm sure you could handle the 100/100 and possibly the 100/100/100 club, since those are usually just typical days in the gym.

You guys should post a training journal in the Online Training Journal section every once in a while so we can see what kind of lifts and weights you're using.

I'm working on keeping mine fairly up to date.

I do these contests for fun because I do a lot of push-ups, sit-ups and pull-ups as part of my workouts on a regular basis and I think every once in a while it will be cool to do as many as possible. For me, it won't throw anything off to spend one day doing it, especially if it's a day I'm training back anyway, I do tons of sets of pull-ups, and same goes for chest days or ab days. So on those days, you can just throw in a few extra sets to get up to 100, if you want.

But no worries guys, even if I'm the only one I'll still go for my 500/500/500 day and I'll let ya'll know.

Keep it heavy!

If there was a 50/50 club, I would be in it. Tommorow I will try to get into the 100/100 club, maybe even the 500/500 club. I can't do Pull-ups becouse I would have to do that outside, and it has been raining pretty much the whole week here in the Netherlands. I hope it will stop soon becouse I have to attend a 3 day during music festival.

I will report my progression when there is some.

Yeah! They don't have to be done all at once, that would be very hard. I think the most push-ups I've done in a row is 77.

Even sets of 10 or 15 are fine, it's just an accumulative total for the day.

Welcome to the club. I need to post my numbers soon too. Today is chest day so I'll probably do over 100 push-ups as part of my workout.

Great job!

Today I joined the 100/100/100 club:

150 push-ups

150 sit-ups

135 pull-ups

Anyone else joining our fitness training clubs?

Later this month I should be working on the 500/500 club and maybe even the 500/500/500 club if I'm feeling crazy.

We don't have a specific link yet, but perhaps we'll make one. It's just for those who want to take the challenge to do a certain number of sit-ups, push-ups and in some cases pull-ups all in the same day.

So we're just posting our numbers as we reach new levels.

So to "join the club" just post the numbers for the day such as:

110 push-ups

120 sit-ups

110 pull-ups

Or something like that.

We may make a separate link, but for now, you can post numbers here.

Thanks, keep after it!

Robert

Ahoy, I like the idea. My chest and stomach are pretty bummed from yesterday's work-out. But I think this sounds like a cool thing to aim for. I think I will fail at pull-ups, but I will try. I'll post in a couple of days and then you can send me my medal and certificate.

Hey Rob.

You got me, i can't resist

Yesterday i started with 45/45 Today was 60/60. Tomorrow's gonna be 75/75 and on tuesday i'll be in the 100 club

But that's only the beginning, of course. I do 3 sets every day and add 5 reps each day (later on probably not every day ). I'll see how far i can take this.

Cheers,

Daywalker

Awesome dude! Glad to have you back. Motivate me to do more push-ups!

I think competing with you Mr. Will can get me to set a new personal best for myself.

I will also be going for 500/500 soon. I did it last year in Las Vegas but I'll do it again for the website, so it will count.

-Robert

This was a great idea. I've done 100 push-ups and 100 sit-ups. 100 push-ups sounded easy. But doing a set then a small rest, then another set, and another rest etc does sap my strength by the end, the sets were very small. 150 or 200 will be a great target, it will push me. Some time soon I will try chin-ups. But uhhhhh I suck at them. I think I will aim for 50 initially, even that will be an achievement for me.

The nice thing about these competitions is that they ultimately get us to compete against our prior selves. So I'm about to post a number that might seem a tiny bit intimidating, but it is just for me. Remember if you're part of the 50/50 club, you can move up to 100/100 and up and up, etc.

Today I joined the 500/500 club.

I did 550 push-ups and 700 sit-ups. One of my goals is to get up to the 500/500/500 club, which includes pull-ups too, and the 1000/1000 club.

I'm getting close, so I may try again later on this week or next week.

Keep the numbers coming in and remember that in the end, all these numbers just inspire us as individuals to do more. Just like the back hang contest, the first thing on my mind is ALWAYS to beat my own best time, and then think about maybe beating someone elses' time which may be greater than mine.

Keep on moving up to a new club level!

-Robert

Awesome Mike!

Glad to hear you did a substitute. Others can sub things in too. I know Topher has a hard time with push-ups because of a pinched nerve, so maybe he can do some other exercise like that too.

Dips are fine for those who don't want to do push-ups, and squats without weights.

All of these things are meant to be done with just your own bodyweight, no weights....pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, dips, squats, etc.

Keep it coming, great job mate!

Robert

Why do I suck so bad at chin-ups? Is it just because I haven't trained my back as much as my chest? Or are they generally harder on those muscles than push-ups? My record for push-ups in a row is 50. My record for chin-ups in a row is like 12 or something. I am going right down so that my arms are straight, and then pulling up so my chin goes above the bar, then going back down so arms are straight etc. That's how you do them right? How many can people do in a row? What is the 'normal' ratio of the limit for chin-ups and the limit for push-ups?