Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: early training in the morning
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:11 am 
Manatee

Hi all,

I was wondering if I could use my time more efficently and maybe train in the morning. When do you boys and girls are training? Anyone in the morning? And how intensive? Are you not missing some energy, because you havn't eaten for some hours? What about injuries? Isn't your body stiff and would training in the evening be better, because your body has been "warmed-up" during the day?

Norbert

Post subject: Re: early training in the morning
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:28 am 
Elephant

nobbi wrote:
Hi all,

I was wondering if I could use my time more efficently and maybe train in the morning. When do you boys and girls are training? Anyone in the morning? And how intensive? Are you not missing some energy, because you havn't eaten for some hours? What about injuries? Isn't your body stiff and would training in the evening be better, because your body has been "warmed-up" during the day?

Norbert

If you do strength training in the morning, make sure you eat a good breakfast (with complex carbohydrates) before you work out.

If its cardio, do it on something light like a carrott.

I personally work out 3 to 4 hours after I wake up. If I do it in the morning, I can still be pretty intense even without food, but thats just me.

As for your body being "warmed-up" at night as you put it, thats not actually true. Depending on your sleeping schedule (if its regular), more than likely you will have less energy at night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:56 am 
Elephant

I prefer to weight train in the late afternoon or early evening. I like to run in the evening.

I feel more loose at that time of day. I don't like training in the morning - I feel stiff and tight. For me it just doesn't feel right.

I'm sure there has been research that training in the late afternoon/early evening is best.

Go with what you feel comfortable with and what's convenient though. People prefer different things and of course some people have no choice when they can train because of their other commitments - work, family etc.