21 Vegan and ready to tone!

Hey guys! I'm Clinton and I've been a vegetarian for 7 years. My bandmates helped me realize that vegan living is the way to go. I'm 5' 10" and weigh about 160 pounds. I have two more days left on the master cleanse and I'm eager to get back in the gym and take control of my body. Thing is...I feel lost when I go to the gym. My goal is to tone my body, not really bulk up. Sure I'd like to have nice muscles, but I want an overall slim look. If anyone has come across some good workout routines please feel free to pass them my way. Another question I have is about food intake. I usually have soymilk, tofu, etc throughout the day and eat plenty of nuts, grains and veggies. Do you guys also take protein shakes? Should they be taken before or after a workout? I hope to gain confidence and be able to walk in to my gym and know what I'm doing. Thank you so much, I know that this is the best decision I could be making in my life right now

Welcome!

I agree. The introductions section gets visited by pretty much everyone and you'll get an awesomely warm welcome from our crew.

I'd like to hear more about your experience on the Master Cleanse. I'm thinking of doing something like that.

I do take some protein supplements. I take Vega www.myvega.com and everyone on this forum gets a discount on it and bonus products when they buy from Food Fight grocery www.foodfightgrocery.com Just another benefit of being part of our community!

We'll continue to talk training and toning up with you. Great to have you on our team!

• 2 weeks later...

I am somewhat new to working out as well, but I'd say the best way to tone up and not bulk up would be to circuit train. This basically combines a bit of cardiovascular training with muscular training. You go through the major muscle groups without taking long pauses between them, so that it keeps your heart rate up. You focus on an excersise for usually one to two sets of about 10 reps. You can work-out effectively towards your goal with this for about 30 minutes per session, 3 to 5 days per week. I hope this helps.