Summer Shape-Up Challenge Results!

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Who should win our Summer Shape-Up Challenge?

Ravi
2%
Bunnylalu
27%
Mel
2%
hmm1219
4%
Bryce
62%
Shane
2%

Total votes: 90

cubby2112
Elephant

#16 Postby cubby2112 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:09 pm

Wow, nice job everyone! Bryce gets my vote, but you all did wonderfully. This has my psyched for the current contest, which I am participating in. I plan on being shredded by July 8) (I think that is the date...).
Cubby's Fitness Log

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

shane
Finch

#17 Postby shane » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:59 pm

I voted for Bunnylau.

Although Bryce looks the most impressive, I think Bunnylau displays the most significant change.

xdarthveganx - Nice Birthright quote! I just showed Kurt Catalyst this thread.

Bryce
Rabbit

#18 Postby Bryce » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:25 am

Thanks for all your kind words everyone! And good job everyone!
Like a New Orleans brothel, give it your all!

Last of the Sane
Manatee

#19 Postby Last of the Sane » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:55 am

JW wrote:kudos to all!!

What are kudos? :?
Integrity defines strength.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell

LukeTaLife
Rabbit

#20 Postby LukeTaLife » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:27 am

seriously amazing
i need your routine bryce and thats why im going with you sir
where do i get myself a sweet vegan tank top?
if your not now , you never were

markc7
Gorilla

#21 Postby markc7 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:47 am

Wow, team Vegan Freak rocked this contest! Way to go everyone!!

bunnylalu
Manatee

#22 Postby bunnylalu » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:38 am

LukeTaLife wrote:where do i get myself a sweet vegan tank top?

I made those tank tops for a small group of people who said they were going to do the summer shape up challenge (Bryce & I were the only people who finished - that I know of) http://www.veganfreaks.net/forum/index.php
COMPASSION FOR ALL

robert
Site Admin

#23 Postby robert » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:36 am

Thanks for all those who completed the challenge. In the future we'll think of a better way to support the contestants during the challenge. There were probably more than two dozen people who started but less than 10 who completed the challenge.

For the current 6-month challenge I know most are keeping a training log which is one way to help keep people motivated and consistent.

I hope everyone had fun!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Paul Messplay
Rabbit

#24 Postby Paul Messplay » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:45 am

I gave my vote to Bryce, though it was hard to not give it to the guy who had the Burn tattoo! :shock:

Kon
Manatee

#25 Postby Kon » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:00 pm

seeing these results makes me want to join the next one.

I was torn between bryce and bunnylalu, but decided to go with bunny since her results were most noticable.
Hard for me to judge when people have different poses for before and after.

hmm1219
Rabbit

#26 Postby hmm1219 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:29 pm

Great job everybody! Thanks to whoever voted for me. You have NO idea how hard it is to make changes between close comps--esp. since there was a weeklong vaycay in there too. :lol: If you want to see where I started, check out the spring shape up challenge. Anyway, the pics for the show these afters (pink suit) preceded by a couple of weeks were great. Best I've ever looked! :D

Warning for those with weak stomachs: I entered the Jan to June one too. The befores are pretty darn scary. :shock: My goal? Not to gain so much post-show. I hope to have gained upper body size in the off season, but that's not an appropriate "goal statement" for the Jan-June challenge since I did most of my bulking Oct-Jan. My trainer says the weight gain was inevitable after losing so much weight and dieting down for so many shows, but. . .gross! :oops:

Anyhow, there should be a big change from my bulking befores to the May show (if not, I won't compete--hello! :wink: ), I'll take another set of pics then, and then my goal is not to blow up as much post-show for the June afters. Hopefully I'll be able to come in looking better this Fall than last if I can do that.
"The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest her or his patients in the care of the human frame, in a proper diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease."
Thomas A. Edison

frankFranchesca
Rabbit

#27 Postby frankFranchesca » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:18 pm

...I think everyone has done so well, I really can't pick among them. They all seem to have achieved pretty equal amounts of change with respect to their own selves and stated goals, and then comparing those amounts among them. But I'll look at the pics some more later, maybe I'll notice something different.

Contests always make me sad for those who don't "win." Everyone in the world should be a winner because then there would be no losers.
"Certainly as far as the wild animals and all the other inhabitants of the wide-open spaces are concerned, including birds, I have reached one unshakable and funereal conclusion: we have brought them nothing but despair."

--Colette

robert
Site Admin

#28 Postby robert » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:50 pm

I know what you but this group chose to be voted on. There were about 25 people involved in the challenge but only 6 wanted to be voted on so they knew there would technically be "winners."

I agree that everyone is a winner and it's hard to choose. I could give a valid argument for each person to be the "winner" (mostly due to my bodybuilding eye, Daywalker has the same ability to notice certain things).

Part of the motivation is $1000 in prizes, but even more is to show images of the hard work and the results. I think that is the main reason these people chose to have their photos displayed publicly.

I am the same way. I always enter photos for a variety of contests. I think it's just part of my personality and these half dozen people share that too.

I do know what you mean though, and I feel the same way. They are all winners, but for this contest we'll have them placed 1st-6th and award prizes accordingly.

Great feedback, thanks!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

frankFranchesca
Rabbit

#29 Postby frankFranchesca » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:13 pm

Okay--I see what you mean now! I was looking at this from my own perspective rather than from the perspective of a bodybuilder (which I've always wanted to be but could never be, though I work at staying fit). You're right about knowing something will be a "contest" when people enter--I think that's probably the case in general with this stuff. I just always feel bad picking among individuals because that's my personality: I'm not crazy about seeming hierarchies. But I hear what you're saying/implying about wanting to reward people so they stay motivated to keep breaking seeming limits.

I'll look over the pics and info later when I can devote more time to them: because everyone seems to have done so equally well, maybe any differences between their change amounts are really subtle. Not that I'm an expert on this because I'm not. I just got the email sent out to everyone and wanted to explain how I felt before putting in my two cents, for what my two cents are worth, which may be diddly. :D
"Certainly as far as the wild animals and all the other inhabitants of the wide-open spaces are concerned, including birds, I have reached one unshakable and funereal conclusion: we have brought them nothing but despair."

--Colette

Bigbwii
Elephant

#30 Postby Bigbwii » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:42 pm

You guys did great!!!!! :wink:
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
The Fruitarian Lifestyle & Fitness Coach
www.fruitarianfitness.com

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”