Fluctuation in weight

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Message
Author
User avatar
willpeavy
Elephant
Posts: 1810
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: florida
Contact:

Fluctuation in weight

#1 Postby willpeavy » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:13 pm

How much does your weight fluctuate on a daily basis?

I weigh myself everynight when I first get to the gym, and for a while now I've averaged out around 190 - but it can actually fluctuate a lot from day to day. For example, this past Sunday I weighed 194, then Monday I weighed 187.5 (a difference of 6.5 pounds in one day!). --- Then tonight (Thursday) I was back up to 193.5.

kollision
Elephant
Posts: 1448
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Re: Fluctuation in weight

#2 Postby kollision » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:20 pm

willpeavy wrote:How much does your weight fluctuate on a daily basis?

I weigh myself everynight when I first get to the gym, and for a while now I've averaged out around 190 - but it can actually fluctuate a lot from day to day. For example, this past Sunday I weighed 194, then Monday I weighed 187.5 (a difference of 6.5 pounds in one day!). --- Then tonight (Thursday) I was back up to 193.5.


A lot of it is water weight mate. If you want to check your real weight, check it in the morning.

User avatar
willpeavy
Elephant
Posts: 1810
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: florida
Contact:

#3 Postby willpeavy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:53 am

True a lot probably is water. I'm only at the gym at night, so I don't have access to a scale in the morning. Just out of curiosity, how much does your weight fluctuate from day to day

User avatar
michaelhobson
Elephant
Posts: 2292
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

#4 Postby michaelhobson » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:35 am

I usually fluctuate up to 3 pounds from day to day. Even though my gym has a really expensive digital scale, I can get on twice and get readings up to two pounds different. :?

User avatar
Richard
Site Admin
Posts: 6064
Age: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: England
Contact:

#5 Postby Richard » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:39 am

If you are in a light-hearted mood, you weigh less. And if you are depressed, you weigh more. There is no actual evidence for this. But the words speak for themselves. I find that my weight fluctuates loads too! I just have bathroom scales, not super accurate. But still, I seem to flutter between 10.5 and 11 stone, whatever that is in lbs. That is quite a considerable margin.

kollision
Elephant
Posts: 1448
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

#6 Postby kollision » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:41 am

willpeavy wrote:True a lot probably is water. I'm only at the gym at night, so I don't have access to a scale in the morning. Just out of curiosity, how much does your weight fluctuate from day to day


Not sure how much, but if you drink a lot of water, then it'll speak for itself. Also when you eat compared to when you actually go on the scale.

User avatar
V VII Hero
Gorilla
Posts: 731
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

#7 Postby V VII Hero » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:28 am

i fluctuate between 10lbs a day. right now i stopped worrying about my weight, and instead I am focusing on growing the body parts i need

User avatar
Richard
Site Admin
Posts: 6064
Age: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: England
Contact:

#8 Postby Richard » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:09 pm

V VII Hero wrote:I am focusing on growing the body parts i need


:shock:

User avatar
V VII Hero
Gorilla
Posts: 731
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

#9 Postby V VII Hero » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:11 pm

Richard wrote:
V VII Hero wrote:I am focusing on growing the body parts i need


:shock:

:oops:

as in growing the weaker muscle groups on me, so im in proper proportions

User avatar
Richard
Site Admin
Posts: 6064
Age: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: England
Contact:

#10 Postby Richard » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:17 pm

I have a leg in a jar and an eyeball in a cup. I am working on a lung

User avatar
V VII Hero
Gorilla
Posts: 731
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

#11 Postby V VII Hero » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:02 pm

Richard wrote:I have a leg in a jar and an eyeball in a cup. I am working on a lung


i bet ya that kind of work is a breath of fresh air.

User avatar
Richard
Site Admin
Posts: 6064
Age: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: England
Contact:

#12 Postby Richard » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:20 pm

V VII Hero wrote:
Richard wrote:I have a leg in a jar and an eyeball in a cup. I am working on a lung


i bet ya that kind of work is a breath of fresh air.


harrrrrrrrr :o
Yes it is, I'll breathe easier when I am finished.


Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests