Need New weight training program

After a few months without weight training because of a back injury I am looking to start again with light weights. My back isnt really better, but the doctor says theres nothing to do but deal with it. The only program I am familiar with is the body for life one so I am looking for some suggestions of a weight training regimen. I'm not aiming for bulk, just functional strength and calorie burning. Any help would be great! thanks.

Bench Press

Barbell Curl

Tricep Cable Extension

Crunches

Lat Pulldown

Leg Press

Seated Calf Raise

Leg Curl

All exercises should be done at 10 to 12 repetitions, except for abs, which you can do at 20 to 25 repetitions. 1-2 Sets for all.

Seeing that you have some back problems, I'd ask your doctor if you are able to lift weights (because you didn't mention if you gave you the green light or not). Also ask him if theres any exercises that you should avoid doing.'

i would add shoulder press to that list.

overhead pressing is great for day to day uses. maybe also the tricep extention is unnecessary isolation, especially if you are benching/and or shoulder pressing. you get big and toned enough arms from just doing that.

good luck with it ash - can you squat at all?

jonathan

i would add shoulder press to that list.

overhead pressing is great for day to day uses. maybe also the tricep extention is unnecessary isolation, especially if you are benching/and or shoulder pressing. you get big and toned enough arms from just doing that.

good luck with it ash - can you squat at all?

jonathan

Forgot about the Shoulders, did a quick rundown, thanks.

As for the tricep, it's good enough. If anything, the bench places more stress on the shoulders (depending on how you hold it), so it's not a big deal.