Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Still Strong 3 Weeks Out
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:09 pm 
Site Admin

For those who have competed in bodybuilding or those who have known a competitive bodybuilder, you know it gets tough in those final few weeks.

As you adjust your nutrition program to lean out and adjust your training program to incorporate more cardio, things get a lot harder.

I was at the gym yesterday and it was chest day. I was pressing 100lb dumbbells in each hand doing chest press for 8 reps. Then I did nearly 200 pounds for incline press on the Smith Machine for around 8 reps. People at the gym who know I'm less than 3 weeks away from a competition were impressed. One guy said, "I'm surprised you have any strength 3 weeks away." That was nice to hear and made me push it harder.

Daywalker, Mike, Robbie, etc. How do you guys feel as you get close to a show, does your strength go down? I know it does for most and it has for me in the past, but I'm feeling very strong even with lower carbs, extra cardio and some work-related stress :)

Anyway, I feel good, and I'll get some preview pics soon and then of course I'll post my contest pics as well. Hopefully I'll be shredded wheat!

-Thin Thin Still Strong Him

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject: Re: Still Strong 3 Weeks Out
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:29 am 
Elephant

Great going, big fat him!

You're right, the last weeks can really be tough. This time i try not to reduce the carbs to early and too low, for maintaining my muscle is more important to me than being shredded, i think i'll be shredded enough anyway. But on low carb, the workouts, especially the cardio, can be very heavy duty!

robert wrote:
Daywalker, Mike, Robbie, etc. How do you guys feel as you get close to a show, does your strength go down? I know it does for most and it has for me in the past, but I'm feeling very strong even with lower carbs, extra cardio and some work-related stress :)

:)
Usually my strength goes down a little, but not much, It's more the energy that lacks at some point. But to an extend this can be made up by psuhing yourself harder with the contest in mind. My motivation is that i'll be representing veganism and therefore i just can't afford to look crap!

Quote:
Hopefully I'll be shredded wheat!

Robert, i know you are what you eat, but this time you're pushing the vegan thing too far! I hope you're gonna be shredded meat :roll: ;)

Keep up the good work and you'll look great on stage! Vegan Power mate!
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:19 pm 
Rabbit

HI Guys my strength goes thro the roof I beat the log book every workout I put it down to eating so clean and very high protein also I have a training partner[Mad Dog] that push,s me beyond failure,I get a feeling of being wornout all day and function on auto pilot but done it that many times it,s just like normal.Competiting in 10days time W.P.F in Wales will do over 40,s and my wt class long day but will be a good one. Robert what date you competing? Daywalker what date you competing?[there is a team coming from Germany to do the W.P.F] VEGAN-POWER-ROBBIEx ps don,t no whats happened to Mr England pic,s I sent them to Pete- Rx