Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: What are the bulkers eating???
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:42 am 
Manatee

veggiesasquatch wrote:
Don't be worried over getting a gut because it's all about getting weight on. You can always take it off when your ready to.

You're training to get fat? Bad advice IMO. When you cut off that excess fat you will lose hard earned muscle so bulk as lean as possible. You don't have to be fat to be strong!

Facebook - Add me

Post subject: Re: What are the bulkers eating???
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:36 am 
Rabbit

Yesterday's lunch was a tofu, rice, and veggie bowl and a rice & bean burrito.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:27 pm 
Rabbit

Quorn Chik'n patty sandwich with almond butter spread and vegan cheddar cheese with chocolate almond milk.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:16 pm 
Elephant

itsjustrobbieok wrote:
Is approx 4000 calories with 280g of protein

You guys are ridiculous. I can't eat past 2500 a day without getting fat. Where do these metabolisms come from??

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:20 pm 
Gorilla

Fallen_Horse wrote:
itsjustrobbieok wrote:

You guys are ridiculous. I can't eat past 2500 a day without getting fat. Where do these metabolisms come from??

They probably have a high NEAT in addition to working out. Lucky dudes.

IRON MNTN // LOG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:31 am 
Rabbit

Fallen_Horse wrote:
itsjustrobbieok wrote:

Exactly. I'm kind of jealous. Well, maybe 4000 would be a bit too high for my taste but I wouldn't mind eating 3000.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:29 pm 
Gorilla

itsjustrobbieok wrote:
veggiesasquatch wrote:
Don't be worried over getting a gut because it's all about getting weight on. You can always take it off when your ready to.

You're training to get fat? Bad advice IMO. When you cut off that excess fat you will lose hard earned muscle so bulk as lean as possible. You don't have to be fat to be strong!

Long, slow bulk > short, fast bulk for that very reason. The fat gains will come but I think keeping it to a minimum is key as there is only so much muscle the human body can build in a given time frame.

IRON MNTN // LOG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:57 pm 
Elephant

itsjustrobbieok wrote:
so bulk as lean as possible

Oxymoron.
Where is the fun in that?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:41 pm 
Gorilla

I think I'm going to go back to carb-cycling since I'm pretty sure I'm going to be upping calories again soon. I went from 1,800 to 2,000 two weeks ago and I'm pretty sure when I do my weigh-in tomorrow the scale is going to tell me that's not enough - I woke up today and, because I felt leaner, looked at myself in the mirror sans clothes for the first time since upping the calories definitely looked a lot leaner. Probably just water-weight fluctuations but I swear, for the first time in my life, I'm starting to see my abs. Bulking fail or I'm doing it right?

IRON MNTN // LOG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:52 pm 
Gorilla

itsjustrobbieok wrote:
veggiesasquatch wrote:

I don't recall stating anyone's aiming to get fat? If you think, while on a bulk every ounce of weight you gain will be lean mass then have have been lied to. Getting a gut doesn't mean it's a beer belly, far from it.

Unlike most people I don't buy into what flex or whatever Hollywood routines stating will get you jacked in 12 weeks. Fact is if you want to get big, a bit of fat is always going to be there. I get bored of reading people obsessing over this carb, this macro, don't eat carbs before bed. Its all bs.

Bottom line is do you like what you see in the mirror? Get your shit in order & man the fuck up

"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:56 pm 
Gorilla

Also this is from speaking from experience. 3 stone heavier & I'm still in 30" waist jeans though my quads need more room

"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:51 pm 
Gorilla

veggiesasquatch wrote:
I get bored of reading people obsessing over this carb, this macro, don't eat carbs before bed. Its all bs.

Bottom line is do you like what you see in the mirror? Get your shit in order & man the fuck up

Even though I keep track of my macros, I've got a lot better about just hitting my calorie needs and not stressing about where they come from as much (other than keeping protein high). I get bored with people obsessing over meal timing/frequency and saying calories in/calories out is not the bottom line; when you're in a surplus, you're going to gain weight and it should be your goal to try and make the majority of it muscle but it's not possible to gain muscle without gaining fat in the long run. You might do it initially but it won't last forever.

IRON MNTN // LOG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:32 pm 
Gorilla

Easy things to follow: Eat whole foods avoiding protein powders unless absolutely necessary. It's good to get 1g protein per pound body weight, if you are over 15% body fat use lean body mass for this.

Finally approximate your portion sizes, not what someone else
Advises. I've just eaten an hr ago & I'm hungry already so I'm eating, some people would think as its not time to eat I shouldn't.

Post subject: What are the bulkers eating???
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:40 am 
Manatee

veggiesasquatch wrote:
itsjustrobbieok wrote:
veggiesasquatch wrote:

I don't recall stating anyone's aiming to get fat? If you think, while on a bulk every ounce of weight you gain will be lean mass then have have been lied to. Getting a gut doesn't mean it's a beer belly, far from it.

Unlike most people I don't buy into what flex or whatever Hollywood routines stating will get you jacked in 12 weeks. Fact is if you want to get big, a bit of fat is always going to be there. I get bored of reading people obsessing over this carb, this macro, don't eat carbs before bed. Its all bs.

Sounded like you were suggesting over eating. Agreed that some fat gain is inevitable but its about getting maximum muscle gain with the least amount of fat (obviously) I think people often go crazy when bulking then end up loosing all their gains when dieting! Slow and steady wins the race :)

Facebook - Add me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:53 pm 
Gorilla

itsjustrobbieok wrote:
I think people often go crazy when bulking then end up loosing all their gains when dieting! Slow and steady wins the race :)

I agree with this. Yeah, being neurotic about weight/fat gain on a bulk isn't the best course of action but neither is just saying 'fuck it' and tacking unnecessary fat - there's only so much muscle one can build over the course of time. No sense in rushing when it'll put you back in the long run.

IRON MNTN // LOG

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next