Before and after the workout!

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Bigbwii
Elephant

Before and after the workout!

#1 Postby Bigbwii » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:16 pm

Hi guys, what do you guys recommend for just before a work out and right after a workout!? I'm pretty much numb after I work out and it feels so good! :lol: but I really want to make sure I take care of my body and give it what it needs after I've just finished blasting it!!! Back in the day when I used to play Rugby I used to buy glucose/ fructose powder to mix and drink for after a work out, do people still do that? I want to stay as natural as possible! thanks guys! Bigbwii :lol:
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
The Fruitarian Lifestyle & Fitness Coach
www.fruitarianfitness.com

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#2 Postby compassionategirl » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:20 pm

I wait about 45 minutes after a workout and then have a protein shake that has almost the same ratio of protein and carbs - typically Pure Trim, sometimes Vega.

As for pre-workout, I prefer to work out first thing on an empty stomach. So I just kick start the day with a huge glass of water then go workout.

Daywalker
Elephant

#3 Postby Daywalker » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:14 am

I prefer to start the workout hungry. Nothing before the workout. It makes you ready for action.
Directly after workout, fresh fruits are great, i like bananas. Or a drink of sweetened soymilk.
At home, i eat as quick as possible, a wholesome meal with complex carbs and protein.
No one said it would be easy.

robert
Site Admin

#4 Postby robert » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:25 am

Hey Buddy,

I don't consider taking supplements as un-natural, as long as they are not growth hormore or anabolic drugs.

Things like protein powders, amino acids, and vitamins/minerals are fine by me.

So for me....after workout, similar to Nat, I take in some protein or meal replacement drink.

I also take in food comprising of proteins, fats and carbs. I mostly focus on the protein after workouts but take in all components.

Some foods I take within 30-60 min after training are:

-Protein drinks
-Tempeh
-Tofu
-Broccoli
-Juice
-A variety of veggies
-Nuts
-Protein bars

I drink lots of water during and after training too.

The big thing is just getting in some food within that nutritional window of opportunity 15-45 minutes after working out.

Eat Big to Get Big :)

Thin Thin 10lbs heavier than a growing Topher Him

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Bigbwii
Elephant

#5 Postby Bigbwii » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:34 am

Thanks guys, I'm sorry for my vaige use of the word "natural" I'm from a Fruitarian background and to me natural means relying on your bodies own resources and taking nothing that is processed period! personaly I'm going to have to relax my definition a bit! I think that is where the fun is anyway! the harder I work out the more I want to give my body! thanks again, Bigbwii :lol: .
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
The Fruitarian Lifestyle & Fitness Coach
www.fruitarianfitness.com

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”