Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What really makes us grow big? (thoughts)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:13 am 
Elephant

I'm sorry for my vaige use of the word "natural" I'm from a Fruitarian background and to me natural means relying on your bodies own resources! I think that is where the fun is. I've just got back to being Vegan! I have a question that's been bugging me for years!!! and I want to share my personal opinion/thoughts with you guys to see if I can figure it out. Anyway here goes, as far as training/working out for mass when I compare my Raw and cooked experience there really is no comparison cooked food wins hands down when it comes to building mass and gaining wieght! and on the other hand Fruitarianism wins hands down for endurance! As a Fruitarian I tried for years to gain mass but no matter how hard I trained it just wasn't happening ( I was fruitarian for ten years on and off) but as soon as I eat cooked food my strength and size would increase dramaticaly! I know how cooked/processed foods dehydrates the body and how the body needs to store water to counter act the acid due to the build up of toxic waste and that's why we need to drink so much water! so I know about water retention and I know about stored partialy digested waste in our intestines from eating so many meals that if we are constipated can push up to our chest/lungs to give the impression of a big chest! but my question is what is it that makes us grow big? information from the raw food community doesn't pan out because according to the raw community all cooked food is denatured and protiens/vitamins and minerals are not useable or absorbed! but I've seen raw bodybuilders and the "natural" ones are so small :roll: as for me I just love to eat and train hard :lol: :lol: :lol: so does anybody know what really makes us big??? Bigbwii :wink: