Cutting the calories...

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Odidnetne
Stegosaurus

Cutting the calories...

#1 Postby Odidnetne » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:17 pm

Right now I just finished a period of "Bulking up", and put on about 10 pounds in about the past 7 weeks. I just started to cut my calories today, and jogged (at a pretty strenuous pace) 2 miles. I'm only around 1,800 calories for the day, and I'm pretty much done eating, but I was wondering what a good range to stick to is? At the time of this writing I'm 175 pounds (post-bulking), and today I managed to get about...120 grams of protein, I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good number to try to aim for each day?
Thanks,
Ed

savebabe
Rabbit

#2 Postby savebabe » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:23 am

How strict do you want to be??? If you know your fat free mass and your body type, meso, endo or ecto then I can give you an indication of the exact amount of macronutrients that you will require for an active individual. (Arnie swore by a diet made up of 50% carbs, 20% pro and 30% fat right up to competition).

Regards

Charmaine

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”