Connective tissue trength

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

phillip888
Finch

Connective tissue trength

#1 Postby phillip888 » Thu May 19, 2005 2:40 pm

Hi I have done some lifting in the past and I gain muscle mass at an alarming rate, but I'm doing this for the first time as a vegan. I have injured both shoulders in the past because my tendons can not withstand the stress that my growing muscle's are capable of exerting. Can someone recommend a dietary source or workout consideration for tendon strength? I know it sounds like an odd thing to ask but I want to put on some serious weight (and strength) without hurting myself again.

Thanks.

kollision
Elephant

#2 Postby kollision » Thu May 19, 2005 4:54 pm

What happens is that the rotator cuff isnt strong enough. Do a few rotator cuff exercises. There are some illustarated here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dorian1.htm

bobbycore
Rabbit

#3 Postby bobbycore » Fri May 20, 2005 8:08 am

thanks for the link, I never thought of those rotator excercises

phillip888
Finch

Nice

#4 Postby phillip888 » Fri May 20, 2005 5:33 pm

Hey that was helpful. I'm starting those this weekend. Well i tried them out already.

So any advice on vegan foods that are good for tendon growth/strengthening? All the supplements i find are made of dead animals.

thanks again.

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”