Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Jonathan,

I agree that a lot more mass will really help. I've never been over 195 but I plan on it this winter. I've been doing a lot of things that have kept my bodyweight low (movie, competetive basketball, cardio, and lack of money for food). But I plan on adding a bunch of weight this off-season. Topher and I have some big goals of gaining BIG weight!

I know I have many weak parts and I do have a lot to work on from those standpoints. I do take pride in the fact that I grew my forearms to be pretty large. Remember I was 105 pounds entering high school and was never meant to have big forearms big anything really. I also take quite a bit of pride in my quads. I was a long-distance runner with skinny little legs and now my quads usually get noticed on stage. They aren't that huge, but as you can see from some photos, especially in the pink trunks, they aren't that small either. And they are very lean. I can sometimes see feather striations in them. I'll try to get some photos of that soon.

So yeah, over 200 will be nice! I hope to get there. I do a lot of things other than bodybuilding and can't always get as big as I'd like but I'm working on it.

By the way, I don't mind any feedback or criticism. So any and all comments are much appreciated. I have lots of work to do.

Thanks,

Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:49 pm 
Elephant

He doesn't look any bigger. His tan is darker tho. And besides, you're way hotter. :twisted:

http://www.bikeandbuild.org/donate
donate to bike and build in my name ashley berkman!!!!!

Listen to my music...
http://www.myspace.com/selfdestructionishabitforming

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:52 am 
Finch

Hey Robert,
Nice photos and congratulations on competing well down there! You must have been doing some cardio because you weren't out of breath in 10 seconds, like you normally are when you play hoops :lol:
Seriously though, you look really lean and cut and I see good things ahead!

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:17 am 
Manatee

Congratulations ! Only 2nd, but a guy like you, who motivates lots of people to be vegan and who has such a great body still remains number 1 for me. Well done !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Nobbi, I appreciate the comments.

Also, thanks Nick! Great to see you back on the forum. You are up to 3 posts now! Come back more often (Nick is a childhood friend of mine and one of my basketball teammates).

I hope to continue to improve and get better each year. Thanks for all the support that keeps me going!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:57 pm 
Manatee

Your forearms are much better

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:41 pm 
Stegosaurus

I agree that your forearms are absolutely sick, but I'd suggest going with the mass (though the biggest problem in that is that you said "Lack of money for food.", which is the reason that, while I'm getting results, I don't think I can get all that big until I graduate from college and can dedicate more time to work to get the money for the food (wow, that's a mouthfull. ;))

I personally think if you build your mass that everything will fall into place. You should definitley take pride in the fact that you're among the most shredded (Not even in this contest, but most pictures of vegan bodybuilders I see), and if you bulked up, you'd probably strengthen those muscles.
Ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:04 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to work to add size this winter. If I sell enough movies I'll be able to eat quite well :)

I know the forearms are favorites among many of you :P I'll try to post more forearm photos soon when I flex just the forearm. It can be quite a scary sight; in fact some people feel moved to vomit after seeing the veins when I flex the forearms really hard 8)

I might get more contest photos up soon. I just finished working 64 hours this week to make up for only 16 hours last week due to my trip to California. So I still got my 80 hours in for 2 weeks, but it hasn't left me much time to update photos since some days were graveyard shifts, others were 12 hours, etc.

I'll try to continue to grow and continue to get shredded so I can perform well next year.

-Robert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:27 pm 
Gorilla

robert wrote:
I know the forearms are favorites among many of you :P I'll try to post more forearm photos soon when I flex just the forearm. It can be quite a scary sight; in fact some people feel moved to vomit after seeing the veins when I flex the forearms really hard 8)

Like me. I just can't take the vein-y-ness! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:56 am 
Elephant

Hey Rob, I'm a newcomer to all this so I hope you don't mind my feedback!!!!! your probably sick of hearing this but I agree with Jonathan about the mass thing but I personaly think that if you worked on getting your chest thicker then the rest of your upper body muscles would get a little thicker too! but then if you got bigger would you have to compete at a different wieght? I think you could get away with just getting your chest bigger/thicker! by the way I think your fore arms look great vains and all!
infact I need to work on mine coz my grip sucks!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:07 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback. Don't worry, I never get tired of suggestions, feedback or criticism. It is all very helpful.

I will work on weaknesses and maintain my strengths and hopefully be bigger and better next year 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:03 am 
Elephant

Wow Robert congratz on your placing. Like I mentioned to you, you had some good competition there. I like your backstage photos because you really can see the veins in them. Good goin man!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:36 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Kalani,

I'll add more mass to be bigger next time.

A bunch of vegan bodybuilders are going to get up on stage together next year.

Three confirmed are:
1. Daywalker
2. Topher
3. Rob

I hope to get many more and we'll see how the placings go. I think Daywalker (Alex) is the favorite at this time, but who knows, Topher is growing like a weed and has great shape! And of course I'm in the mix too and we'll have some wildcards who will be the other vegans joining us, we're just not sure exactly who yet.

I'll post more pics soon.

-Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:38 am 
Elephant

Daywalker is coming all the way to America?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:41 am 
Site Admin

That is the plan, if He and I are on the same page :)

The plan is to compete just before our Vegan Fitness Vacation in the summer of 2006. So this coming summer, a bunch of us will compete, other vegans from this forum will probably attend the contest (location and dates not yet decided) and then we'll all fly to the Caribbean and meet the rest of the Vegan Fitness Vacation goers and hang out for a week on the Caribbean Islands....St. Thomas, St. John, etc.

Should be an awesome time! If my movie is as successful as I hope it will be (anyone feel free to help promote it) I should be able to assist others with "some" traveling expenses :P

-Rob

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next