Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:43 pm 
Elephant

on his Myspace page he wrote a blog describing his diet too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:46 am 
Gorilla

Fights are tomorrow. GSP FTW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:59 am 
Gorilla

YEAH, TOMORROW'S THE BIG NIGHT! :D

here is a great preview to get you stoked to see it tomorrow!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:18 pm 
Manatee

I can't wait. There's a bar near my house that shows UFC fights with no cover charge. Going to get there early to make sure I get a seat!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:09 pm 
Elephant

Go GSP!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:54 pm 
Rabbit

Mac Danzig is awesome. I'll definitely be watching this tomorrow night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:41 am 
Site Admin

Awesome!

I'll be with Ravi and at a bodybuilding event, but I really want to watch it! Maybe we'll sneak out or something.

Go Mac Daddy!!!!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:53 pm 
Rabbit

That fight was great. I couldn't help feeling bad for the other guy, especially after getting kneed in the face. Mac Danzig is such a great fighter. SO cool that he's vegan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:55 pm 
Manatee

So who watched the fight? Danzig owned Bocek. Literally just beat his ass. It wasn't even close.

I was concerned, though, because it seemed somewhat like about the middle of the 2nd round, Danzig got bored with the fight, or tired, I couldn't tell which. He had Bocek's back at several points, had him in full mount at several points, and he didn't really try and ground-n-pound him, he just sat on top of him and gave dirty looks to the ref.

But he brought the energy in the 3rd round and finished it off. It was actually quite brutal. Bocek literally had blood spurting out of his face in the post-fight interview.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:35 pm 
Site Admin

Are there any videos out there? I missed it because I was at a bodybuilding event all night.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:47 am 
Gorilla

Danzig's fight was definitely awesome. I didn't think he had that easy a time with Bocek - he certainly dominated most of the fight, but with an opponent like that, one careless move could land him in a submission. Bocek is a BJJ black belt (Gracie I think) and a Kempo Karate black belt. Not an easy opponent. Before he was submitted by Mac, he'd never been submitted before in a pro fight. Great debut for Mac - he really got to show his skills and athleticism.

GSP - yeah! Not much to say there -

I was happy to see Franklin beat Lutter. Lutter's gotta start training for his fights. He gassed so quick... Kalib Starnes was an absolute embarrassment to the UFC, to mma, to Canada. What a waste. At least Nate Quarry was somewhat gracious at the end of that debacle. Kalib should be tossed out of the UFC for that. His gym, Revolution Fight Studio has some really good fighters too - he's just not one of them. Bisping fight was kinda' stupid. I guess this UFC really was all about GSP and Mac Danzig. Kept me happy enough!

Robert - check you tube, google mma video for some hosting sites that may have the fights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:59 am 
Elephant

Trev wrote:

GSP - yeah! Not much to say there -

So happy that Mac won.

But what happened with GSP ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:21 am 
Gorilla

GSP rocked that cry baby Serra (sorry, i dont like him at all, no matter how much my friends do). It reminded me almost of the Tim Syvia vs Randy Cotour fight.

Serra really didnt know what to do with GSP. GSP took him down at will and ground pounded, then when stood back up, out boxed Serra, then would take him down again, where he delivered some of the most rib crushing knees to someones guts I have seen in years. I was cringing. It was awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:50 am 
Gorilla

[quote="Trev"]Kalib Starnes was an absolute embarrassment to the UFC, to mma, to Canada. What a waste. At least Nate Quarry was somewhat gracious at the end of that debacle. Kalib should be tossed out of the UFC for that. quote]

I completely agree. That was embarassing to even watch. I like how Nate Quarry started making fun of him.

I mean, in a real fight, like a fight for your life, running away is more than honorable (at least it think so, they may think your a coward, but at least you get to live to see another day. Remember, self defense means never getting in that situation at all.) but in a match like that, where you are completely outclassed in every since, at least trying to fight back and being brave about it is something ALL fighters have done that I have seen. That was completely disrespectful to the sport. I cant believe it was even on the main card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:08 pm 
Elephant

dontxhide wrote:
GSP rocked that cry baby Serra (sorry, i dont like him at all, no matter how much my friends do). It reminded me almost of the Tim Syvia vs Randy Cotour fight.

Serra really didnt know what to do with GSP. GSP took him down at will and ground pounded, then when stood back up, out boxed Serra, then would take him down again, where he delivered some of the most rib crushing knees to someones guts I have seen in years. I was cringing. It was awesome!

Some people are thinking that GSP prolonged this fight to make a statement. (and probably to inflict just a little more punishment)
Did you get that sense too?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next