Mac Danzig in UFC 84: April 19th

great that he is back to lightweight. that is really the division he wanted to compete at.

WAR DANZIG!

also there is a (life long) vegetarian fighter, Jake Shields, up for a welterweight title shot in Elite XC on March 29th.

" Having won nine fights in a row, Shields (20-4-1) has risen to eighth in the Sherdog.com welterweight rankings... Shields is regarded as the top 170-pound fighter not signed to a UFC contract..."

i stumbled upon Moreiras' myspace like a year ago or something. too bad it's almost impossible to watch kotc fights in sweden

only reason i knew about danzig before TUF was because of Peta so it's good that you "promote" Moreira on the site. maybe soon he'll do a peta add to.

• 4 weeks later...
http://www.macdanzig.net/

2008-02-02

Mac is scheduled to make his return to the Octagon on April 19th against Jiu-Jitsu expert Mark Bocek in Montreal, Canada at UFC 84, live on ppv

Nice, I live in Montreal so I'll try to see this, I never went to that kind of event and I'm getting interested more and more fighting sports. Also that night George St-Pierre (also from montreal!)'s revenge against Serra. And Mac Danzig, such a great fighter ! vegan , photographer... I'll definetly try to be there if it's not already sold out, the Bell Centre is huge, it must suck to be in the last rows and see 2 tiny points fighting.

I agree with you, lightweight is the most exciting division because those guys can move, they're fast and spectacular.

mac is my hero :D:D he's such a poster child for veganism, eat plants and kick everyones ass who eats meat

anyone see "ufc season 6"? he won the whole thing (which i assume everyone knows by now). i must say, him and that show, made me wanna train ufc style so i tried, and through my back out lol

• 2 weeks later...

So who watched the fight? Danzig owned Bocek. Literally just beat his ass. It wasn't even close.

I was concerned, though, because it seemed somewhat like about the middle of the 2nd round, Danzig got bored with the fight, or tired, I couldn't tell which. He had Bocek's back at several points, had him in full mount at several points, and he didn't really try and ground-n-pound him, he just sat on top of him and gave dirty looks to the ref.

But he brought the energy in the 3rd round and finished it off. It was actually quite brutal. Bocek literally had blood spurting out of his face in the post-fight interview.