The Ultimate Fighter series

so it's that time again. another season of The Ultimate Fighter. you may have heard that this season's coaches are Forrest Griffin and Rampage Jackson. what i just heard is that the fighters will have to win a fight just to get on the show. 32 fighter on the first episode, they will pair up, and the 16 winners get to be on the show. sounds like an interesting idea.

and this is the same night as Ultimate Fight Night 13, which is a pretty stacked card.

-Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon

-Karo Parisyan vs. Thiago Alves

-Matt Hamill vs. Tim Boetsch

-Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin

-Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard

-Kurt Pellegrino vs. Nate Diaz

-Marcus Aurelio vs. Spencer Fisher

-Din Thomas vs. Josh Neer

-Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo

-Tommy Speer vs. Anthony Johnson

-George Sotiropoulos vs. Roman Mitichyan

-Manny Gamburyan vs. Jeff Cox

should be a good night for MMA fans. Click here to see the trailer!

Edited by ronnie kray

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tuf7 first episode was okay, but the show really hasn't started yet. It was mostly just a quick bunch of second rate fights. Once they get in the house and we can identify with the fighters it will be a lot better. Still a good idea to have to fight to get onto the show - keeps the poser factor down.

Fight Night was awesome tho. Fight of the night was Nate Diaz - Kurt Pellegrino. Great fight. Ken-flo/Lauzon was great too. Houston's weakness was confirmed - he has no chin. Embarassing to get KO'd by a superman punch of all things, worse yet, it was the first punch thrown!

I wasn't surprised at all by the Speers-Rumble Johnson outcome. Johnson is a pretty bad dude and Speers was way out of his league. He got hit so many times, so fast and made no attempt to defend himself or get out of the line of fire. I never thought that much of him - I think tuf6 hyped him up as kind of a farm-boy replacement for the soon-to-retire Matt Hughes. Danzig completely dominated him in the finale. He's got a long way to go to be competitive at this level.

Can't wait for April 19th now.

I thought the first episode was a positive start. There were way too many poor fighters in the previous couple of TUFs, having an early cull has to be a good idea.

I could see Forrest & Rampage having a big fall out - they're both pretty funny guys and would be up for causing a bit of drama.

Fight Night was good too - happy to see Karo get stopped

• 2 months later...

i have really been slacking off this season. i have missed several episodes because i work wed nites and have been out of town many weekends. but tomorrow is the Ultimate Fighter Finale, and there will be a marathon of episodes leading up to it. i will probably be planted in front of the tv most of the day catching up on what i missed out. i already know who is in the final, but still wanna see the episodes i missed.

have everyone heard about Jesse, the guy who was in the final, but got kicked out because of a drunken vegas bender? he won 3 fights, made it all the way to the final, and then got kicked out anyway. what a sad way to go out.

also curious to see Evan Tanner in the main event, to see if he can begin a comeback against Kendal Grove.

It may be pure coincidence but whenever I put UFC on & watch a match, I can guarantee that within 60 seconds they are hugging on the floor like wimps, often with eachothers crotches in eachothers faces.

This is not against anyone here who may partake in UFC but is a general observation.By the way I genuinely have watched quite a few because in theory I like UFC.They just need to make a rule against rolling around on the floor for too long.A real fight is when men trade blows - not hugs

i'd have to disagree, a real fight should be able to go anywhere, and 90% of them end up on the ground. i for one, find a good grappling and submission match to be just as exciting as a stand up battle. too bad you can't appreciate the technique and skill it takes to have a good ground game. i'm not talking about lay and pray guys who just hold a fighter down and punch him in the kidney. i'm talking about professional submission artists. there are some practitioners who can put on an absolute clinic, and submit guys who are much bigger than they are. and i don't care how strong a guy is, if all he knows is how to throw a punch, they will not last long in any no holds barred or MMA competition.

well, you may not enjoy the next season of the Ultimate Fighter, since the coaches are two of the top Brazilian Jiu Jitsu fighters in the game: Antonio Minotauro Nogueira and Frank Mir.

here is the first trailer release for the new season!

and here is the latest one.

• 2 months later...
cant believe clays brother.

Seriously. And he only missed weight by 1 lb.

Krzysztof Soszynski tore some shit up in his fight.

yes he did , you what I dont know if you caught the original cast special over the weekend, but white made the comment that this season they had a kid as good as anderson silva in the 155 class on the show. I dont know if he was talking about Krz or if he meant some one who fights like anderson silva. In any case there is a whole nother episode so I guess I will have to wait and see.

If it is Krz he was talking about that would be a satisfactory example for me. But I was hoping to see someone who fought exactly like silva.

Any way looks like a great season.

just saw the first episode, good episode overall. tough break for guida, he should just try the heavyweight division. he was puking and cramping way too much to be cut any more weight.

that guy fainting was a trip, i thought they were gonna say he was sick or something. but he made up for it in his fight.

what kind of name is Junie? i've been trying to figure out if it's short for something else... Junior maybe? anyways, he looked impressive, a bit too cocky, but impressive. and yeah, Krzysztof looked like a mad dog in there. tore thru his opponent quick. let's see if he can keep that streak going. looking forward to the rest of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

well i don't know if anyone saw this last episode. i have read about it and seen clips of the chaos that happened on this episode.

SPOILER ALERT BELOW!

Junie is out of control! everyone was sure he was going to get kicked out of the house. somehow Dana decided to let him stay. i don't understand why, the guy has already swung at people and even cut someone with broken glass. people have gotten kicked out for much less than that. he clearly has problems and needs help. best thing for him would be to get him out of the show and into therapy.

and at the end of this show, apparently he jumps over the octagon fence and attacks the guy who just won. this guys is has got to go. he's gonna get himself or others hurt. the only reason he is staying i guess, if for the ratings he's bringing in. makes for good "reality" tv.