Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter series
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:04 pm 
Elephant

yup saw the commercial saturday during ultimate fight night :) i'm sure it'll be good fun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:56 pm 
Gorilla

so far this season is looking much better than the last one. i was a little worried when i saw Junie's brother show up for try outs, but luckily he was defeated in his qualifying match and didn't make it on to the regular season, thank god. i can tell you nobody was sad to see him go.

most of the fighters seem pretty mature, and all the fighters, both USA and UK, agreed on some ground rules for this season. no bodily fluids, food is off limits, all the stuff that made last season so trashy. glad to see that happen. only some small practical jokes have been done, no harm done. and Bisping even asked his fighters to rise above all the shenanigans and not even retaliate.

and the fight was pretty good too. i won't discuss it, because i don't know if anyone else has seen it, and i don't want to put any spoilers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:27 am 
Rabbit

UK should wreck shop this season.

Andre Winner and Ross Pearson look beastly.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:59 am 
Elephant

the UK crowd sure does look good. but i'm sure the US team ain't as bad as the show is making them out to be

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:30 pm 
Gorilla

Ya, pretty good season so far. I'm happy to see less of the shenanigans, but I just wonder how long they'll last before the house starts to implode... Bisping actually seems like a pretty good coach. Not so sure about Henderson but it's early to tell.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:49 pm 
Gorilla

two fights in this episode. USA 1 and UK 2 is the score now. in that second fight, i had a feeling the submission was coming as soon as it went to the ground. it's exactly what they warned him about, and it's exactly what happened.

big question: never in any TUF season before, has a coach not been there to corner one of his fighters. where was Bisping? i'm not sure that the outcome would've have been different, but i def think it mentally affected his fighter.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:29 pm 
Gorilla

just saw this week's episode. i think it's my favorite so far this season. if ever there was an episode that you could call inspiring, it would be this one. i am gonna post the rest in white below, so as not to give away any spoilers if you haven't seen it yet. if you do want to know, you'll have to hilight it to read it.

and also, it was bittersweet seeing a glimpse of Charles "Mask" Lewis in this episode too. tend to forget this season was filming while he was still alive.

Jason Pierce was not cleared to fight. actually looked like he didn't really want to fight. so they had to find a last minute replacement. 2 welterweights to choose from, and only 1 was medically cleared to fight, Frank Lester. problem was Lester was just in a fight 2 days before, and had stitches over his eye and had 4 teeth knocked out. needless to say, he lost. but he was offered the opportunity and he took it. he would be fighting David Faulkner, considered to be Team UK's best fighter. Lester was clearly nervous as he realized what he gotten himself into.

fight day. rough first round, Faulkner takes it. but in round two Lester really digs deep and pours it on. Faulkner is gassing and it only gives Lester more fuel to swing for the fences. as the round ends, everyone is expecting a 3rd round. both teams UK and USA are chanting "round 3! round 3! round 3!" Dana confirms that the judges have it 1 round a piece and the fight is going into sudden victory! both coaches are intensely giving their fighters last moment advice. despite being injured and toothless, Lester stands and is ready to go another round. but then as you look at the other corner, Faulkner is not standing up. Bisping and other UK coaches are trying to get him motivated and not to quit, but he signals to the ref that he has had enough and cannot continue.

Frank Lester wins and makes the most of his second chance. guy just had too much heart. for once i agree with Dana White... "Good shit... Good shit"

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:34 pm 
Elephant

ahhh crap!!!!! i forgot the show as on tonight :x

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:45 am 
Elephant

how the hell was Faulkner that spent during the 1st round? ... needs some more conditioning hehe

"if you're not willing to sacrifice for your dream, then it's not really a dream and you're not really meant to have it" - Frank Lester

nice

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:43 am 
Elephant

lets not confused ourselves here, clearly his gag reflex was the culprit here. I have one and can tell you that I last about 10 minutes on a treadmill with an uncut mouthpiece. With a cut mouthpiece I am good to go. I can ran miles and miles. However the cutting they would have had to do would have disqualified him for the match. When I fought in the AAKA here in Rhode Island back in the 80's they canned me becaue they started having fighters spit out their mouthpieces for inspection rather then having them smile at the ref with a mouthpiece already in from the lockerroom. My mouthpiece was way too short and quite insufficient. He tried 3 or more times to spit out his mouth piece during the fight, once successfully, in order to fight. I can tell you from my own personal experience that I can not catch my breath because of the constriction of my throat muscles and hestitant breath combining. However I have great endurance with those confusing things removed. I am very happy that he lasted that long. I great accomplishment. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:59 am 
Gorilla

It's an unfortunate situation for Faulkner to be so seized up by a mouthpiece. Surely he can have one custom made that won't gag him. I use a cut mouthpiece myself for the same reason. I don't fight competitively anyway and my mouthpiece is still long enough to protect my jaw. I can totally sympathize with Faulkner though. He needs to figure it out!

It was kind of an ironic match-up tho, don't you think? One guy can't keep his mouthpiece in, and the other can barely get his mouthpiece in because his teeth are knocked out. brushteeth

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:27 am 
Elephant

Quote:
It was kind of an ironic match-up tho, don't you think? One guy can't keep his mouthpiece in, and the other can barely get his mouthpiece in because his teeth are knocked out.

:lol: I agree

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:39 pm 
Gorilla

pazios2002 wrote:
Quote:
It was kind of an ironic match-up tho, don't you think? One guy can't keep his mouthpiece in, and the other can barely get his mouthpiece in because his teeth are knocked out.

LOL, never thought about that. :lol:

so this season is not over yet, but they are already building a buzz over the next season. it should be pretty big. first off next season's coaches are going to be Rashad Evans and Rampage Jackson! they have a little beef between them, if you remember the confrontation after Rampage's victory over Keith Jardine [Video]. so their should be some sparks there, to say the least. and next season is going to be all heavyweights. and the first fighter to officially be part of the season...

KIMBO SLICE!

yep, they brought him in. they said if he wants to be in the UFC, he'll have to go thru the The Ultimate Fighter. ironic Kimbo got knocked out by a former TUF contestant.

so Rashad, Rampage, and Kimbo all on the same show. it's all about the ratings that season!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:14 pm 
"Black on black crime???" :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:56 pm 
Elephant

ronnie kray wrote:
pazios2002 wrote:
Quote:

LOL, never thought about that. :lol:

so this season is not over yet, but they are already building a buzz over the next season. it should be pretty big. first off next season's coaches are going to be Rashad Evans and Rampage Jackson! they have a little beef between them, if you remember the confrontation after Rampage's victory over Keith Jardine [Video]. so their should be some sparks there, to say the least. and next season is going to be all heavyweights. and the first fighter to officially be part of the season...

KIMBO SLICE!

yep, they brought him in. they said if he wants to be in the UFC, he'll have to go thru the The Ultimate Fighter. ironic Kimbo got knocked out by a former TUF contestant.

so Rashad, Rampage, and Kimbo all on the same show. it's all about the ratings that season!

I forgpt did rampage get injured or was it because he was arrested that they didnt fight.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next