Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: RE: Yoga
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:59 pm 
Finch

Yoga is actualy great for mind and body and i advise you to do it all life maby it's even better then tai chi my advise is to move to the more complite yoga there is kundalini that can balance human sexual energyand you might want to see yogi Bajan for this as he intrudeced Kundalini to western world . Btw whatever yoga you do if traditional or new age fake mixed aerobics yoga it's all ways usefull of course achivements are not the same elevated in soul and body but better then nothing , they say the most healthy thing to do is integrate yoga and swimming all life with a vegan mediterranean diet that it's the secret of south europe health . I agree mediterranean diet is the best as dieticians say and base their pyramids on it but make sure you don't miss our precius extra virgin oil cold pressed if you follow it to conclude i think if you follow this http://www.veganfoodpyramid.com/vegan-p ... 80x800.jpg with the oil i told you and yoga-swim all your life you will be miss health in person for the rest congrats for your progress eheh .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harbhajan_Singh_Yogi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:05 pm 
Elephant

You are so cute!
I wanna do yoga, but I don't want to join a class that starts at 6 in the morning! Lol.
Soon, yoga will be coming to the gym I work at and I'll be able to do it.
I am the opposite of you. Strong and defined, but not at all.. Balanced. By balanced I mean I'm a klutz and I am hoping yoga will improve my balance and grace hehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:19 pm 
Elephant

I enjoyed yoga when I did it, but my balance is horrible too. Unfortunately for myself the yoga didn't really help improve my balance. Had I stayed with it longer it may have, I think I just didn't give it enough time. But at least I'm pretty flexible.

Post subject: Re: Is Yoga enough?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:45 pm 
Finch

I was in the best shape of my life when I did Ashtanga, cardio and weight lifting.. Ashtanga gives a lot of strength and flexability and does tone but it's good to add the extra stuff :) In my opinion Ashtanga is the best yoga there is for toning.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:25 am 
Rabbit

If you can look up surya yoga too, the yoga of the sun. This combines many if not all yogas in the meditative sense.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:32 pm 
Finch

Thanks for all the responses.
I kind of faded away for a bit. A new job that is crazy demanding has put my life in chaos. I am getting it back together, but working 11 hour days!
Which has hurt my yoga practice and I am now only practicing maybe 2 times a week rather and 5 times like in the past.
So I have gained a bit of weight back. I need to get on track with my diet and a good routine that I can do at home before work.
I have some light free weights (2,5,8 pounds) a medicine ball, a balance ball and of course my trusty yoga mat.
I've been eating pretty poorly. Lots of carbs and not so good snacks. I wonder if a detox or cleanse could help jump start me with a clean slate??
Suggestions?
Hugs to all of you who took time to respond to me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:57 pm 
Rabbit

Flo wrote:
Thanks for all the responses.
I kind of faded away for a bit. A new job that is crazy demanding has put my life in chaos. I am getting it back together, but working 11 hour days!
Which has hurt my yoga practice and I am now only practicing maybe 2 times a week rather and 5 times like in the past.
So I have gained a bit of weight back. I need to get on track with my diet and a good routine that I can do at home before work.
I have some light free weights (2,5,8 pounds) a medicine ball, a balance ball and of course my trusty yoga mat.
I've been eating pretty poorly. Lots of carbs and not so good snacks. I wonder if a detox or cleanse could help jump start me with a clean slate??
Suggestions?
Hugs to all of you who took time to respond to me.

detox and cleanse could be good; the biggest challenge is what happens after the detox cleanse.

what i suggest instead, or in addition to, is a food/activity log.

i always find when i record exactly what i eat & drink and what activity i do, most of the time it keeps me eating clean and staying active (and even if i make a bad choice or 2, since i am logging it, it's usually minimal?).

in my opinion, the caloric intake is a much larger variable then the caloric expenditure from exercise/activity so i'd focus on high water content and fiber foods, try to minimize or eliminate the calorically dense stuff like nutritionally devoid snacks if that is what you are eating and or stuff like nuts or fried things (of course activity will help maintain muscles, increase metabolic rate, and be good for the mind, too).

speaking of activity, i'd try to be consistent, persistent and dedicated to doing some daily physical activity . anything.

see if you can work something into your life in anyway even if it's 5-10min here or there. remember if you are trying to lose fat you don't need to go crazy but just keep doing stuff that keeps you challenged or that's enough to maintain your flexibility, strength, and endurance.

more importantly, realistic. example, i get on and off the train 3 stops (1.5mi) away so that builds 15-30min walking to my day. and this summer i take our son to summer school before work which is 3.5mi away so i get that, too.

i forgot who said it but it goes something like this: it's not what works if you stick to it; it's what you can stick to, that works.

lastly speaking of chaos the other day i took a free yoga class in times square nyc on the summer solstice and the teacher said some beautiful things; one was a quote that said peace is not a place with no noise, trouble and hard work but it is calmness in a place of noise, trouble and hard work

namaste