What Sports Do You Play?

Discuss Cycling, Marathons, Endurance Sports, Martial Arts, Yoga, all other sports

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

robert
Site Admin

What Sports Do You Play?

#1 Postby robert » Tue May 24, 2005 12:13 pm

Aside from weight lifting I'm sure we all participate in at least one other sport. What sports do you play? I'm interested to see the variety of athletes we have on here.

In addition to bodybuilding, I also play basketball and table tennis. I'm fairly good at both, but not great at either. I used to play soccer and I was ok at that but now I'm terrible so I stick to the b-ball and table tennis and on occassion, regular tennis.

I also enjoy playing football and hockey for fun, but rarely get the chance to play those sports.

Sports that I'm not good at are baseball and golf, but they are also fun every once in a while.

So, please share what you play or do for other areas of fitness.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

bobbycore
Rabbit

hahaha

#2 Postby bobbycore » Tue May 24, 2005 1:11 pm

dodge ball and paper football are my other sports.

kollision
Elephant

#3 Postby kollision » Tue May 24, 2005 5:41 pm

I suck at all sports and Im not kidding. I cant catch a football nor throw it.

robert
Site Admin

#4 Postby robert » Wed May 25, 2005 12:55 am

No worries, sports aren't for everyone and you're the strongest one on here by FAR, so you've got that over all of us. You're probably the biggest as well.

So don't worry about throwing or catching the football when you can bench 475 and curl 120's in one arm!!!!!!!

I had an awesome time playing basketball tonight. I play every Tuesday and it is really intense and so much fun! I was on a role tonight and led the team in scoring for 3 straight games and we won all three. Then I started getting a bit tired and my shots weren't falling in as much and we lost a couple games toward the end. In our final game playing by 1s and 2s we were up 14-10 playing to 15 and somehow lost 16-14 :(

Oh well, we still won a bunch and we all had fun. I play with some guys who played against me during the winter league of basketball season. Some of them are quite tall 6'8", 6'5", 6'4", etc. and me at 5'11" :D and I still usually score the most points. :lol:

Anyway, now time for me to eat after burning about a million calories and soaking every piece of clothing I had on. I think intense basketball is some of the best cardio ever!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

lelle
Elephant

#5 Postby lelle » Wed May 25, 2005 4:54 am

in summer i go skateboarding or play tennis from time to time. but in winter, lifting weights is all i do!

V VII Hero
Gorilla

#6 Postby V VII Hero » Wed May 25, 2005 12:29 pm

when I was little I was in International Gymnastics.
played Soccer for over 10 yrs in a youth league. I was really good at it.
baseball a few years.

I use to ski for about 10 yrs. then switched over to snowboarding for about 8 years. I still snowboard just not as much.

aggressive rollerblading, skateboarding, (dont do either anymore)

beach volleyball and bad mitton for fun.

I basically have put all sports aside, as I dont want to injure myself anymore. I just bodybuild. but I wouldnt mind playing volleyball sometime soon.

robert
Site Admin

#7 Postby robert » Sat May 28, 2005 1:39 am

Ever since I got out of high school I really enjoy playing volleyball, especially beach volleyball. When I worked on the cruise ship and had days off in Mexico or on Caribbean Islands I would often play beach volleyball with some of my buddies from the ship and some of the locals or resort tourists.

I grew up playing tons of sports and then stopped for a while during part of my bodybuilding years. Now I am back to playing a few (basketball, table tennis and others like volleyball and tennis on occasion). I know I'd be a better bodybuilder if I just focused on that individual sport, but I love to play some hoops so I set aside just one day a week to do that :D

Summer is approaching so I'm sure some sand volleyball will be in my near future 8)

willpeavy
Elephant

#8 Postby willpeavy » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:06 pm

swimming, soccer, running, swinging around on the monkey bars at the playground with my son

I used to play street hockey, but I haven't played in probably 10 years

veggymeggy
Gorilla

#9 Postby veggymeggy » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:32 am

I'm just getting around to reading some of these old threads....
Anyway - SOFTBALL is LIFE!!!! :D
I can't play competive anymore, had a couple knee surgeries and my knee will never be the same, it's really very sad....I always wanted to play college when I was younger.
Back in highschool I simultaneously played for the high school, Little League, and ASA....3 teams, practice/games 6 days a week, 2-6hours per day....that was the life! I miss it so much!
Now I play on a rec team, I had to switch to slowpitch. It's not as intense, but it's as good a substitute as I've been able to find, and I still love it.
This was my first year coaching little league! It was awesome, even more fun than I expected 8)

nobbi
Manatee

#10 Postby nobbi » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:17 am

I am not good in any sports at all, but I like volleyball and played squash for a year.

veganmadre
Elephant

#11 Postby veganmadre » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:14 am

Used to swim competitively. I also used to play volleyball. I don't like "team" sports. I like kayaking, dancing, walking, skiing, whatever I can do independently.

Michelle
Elephant

#12 Postby Michelle » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:14 am

No sports for me!

In school, I was always that one weird small kid who would try to catch or kick the ball, but somehow get hit in the face with it instead. That's how much I suck at sports.

Non-sport things like dancing and hiking are more fun for me.

madcat
Manatee

#13 Postby madcat » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:27 pm

I like to paddle (either dragon boat or outrigger), swimming, hiking, I just started boxing classes (I suck at jump rope!), and mountain biking. Right now the only thing I do competitively is dragon boat.

veggymeggy
Gorilla

#14 Postby veggymeggy » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:29 pm

Ha, when you said you do competitive dragon boat I was going to ask if you live in Portland, and then I looked under your name and indeed you do :) Fun!

madcat
Manatee

#15 Postby madcat » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:48 pm

I think I am the stereotypical Portlander (vegan/ dragon boater) now all I need is to sell stuff at the Saturday market. If any of you guys are ever in the Portland area you should come try it. We practice year round in the Willamette (yuk) our boat house is right next to omsi.
www.wasabiusa.org

Return to “General Fitness/Other Sports”