Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:25 am 
Gorilla

Alright. If anyone watched the opening games this weekend there were some amazing games.

My Celtics wrecked the Hawks by 20 or so! But if we are going to want to go to the Finals, we have to find some way to rebound. Way too many second chance shots for the Hawks. Its like we werent even trying. Garnett is still my hero though.

The Suns vs Spurs game went into DOUBLE overtime, and almost a third overtime with a Nash 3 point clutch shot, but a Ginobli (sp?) last second layup right after that FTW!

Didnt catch the whole Jazz game, but they one.

Cleavland won. The 76'ers came back from 16 points over Detroit. Chris Paul took over the game fro the hornets. Lakers one, ugh. Kobe didnt do much, but Gasol was amazing.

Other games were good, but didnt watch the rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the recap. I don't have TV do so I don't see any games. I love the NBA so I may just go to the gym and slowly ride a bike and watch :)

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:36 pm 
Gorilla

Very slowly ;) I dont have a tv either, but there is a smoke free sports bar that serves vegan food (even says so on their menu) that I caught a couple games at.

The rest of them I went to a friends house and sofa crashed for 6 hours!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:40 pm 
Elephant

for me... there's a high probability of Celtics vs. Lakers.

I'm not high on the Pistons (haven't been all year)
Celts look like they are on a mission and I'm not sure that anyone in the East can stop them.

The west should be very interesting though....
Phoenix should be close but I have to give the edge to the Lakers.
The addition of Gasol has really solidified that lineup. It's not all about Kobe anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:17 am 
Site Admin

Come on Phoenix!!!! Let's do this baby!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:17 am 
Gorilla

I cant believe the Spurs won last night. Phoenix were up by 7 at half! Come on Suns!

Celtics are tonight :) Cant wait :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

One of the coolest things about playoff time is that LeBron James turns into superman.

Can you imagine what is must have been like to be the super stacked Detroit Pistons and have a 1-man team last year run you over?

How did the Cavs make it to the finals with that team they had? Nearly impossible but LeBron is something special and he owns the playoffs!

I love the battles he has with Gilbert Arenas as well, too bad he's not 100% this year, I loved the 40-point games they'd each have in previous years going one-on-one in the 4th while everyone else clears out :)

Not always "team" ball, but he gets wins while also getting more assists than almost anyone, more rebounds and more points. I think he is a TEAM guy but he also knows how valuable his own skills are and knows when to take over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:37 pm 
Gorilla

Right. As far as I can see, LeBron reminds me of Chicago Bulls Jordan. Skilled enough to take over games, yet understands that playing as a team is required to win.

I believe once the Cavs get a couple better players to go with Lebron, they may be unstoppable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:13 pm 
LeBron has a leg up on Jordan when it comes to being a team player. Jordan wasn't as willing to give the ball up. If the Cavs could win with LeBron on the bench he'd volunteer to sit out...Jordan would never do that. LeBron really doesn't care how they win...thats why I like the guy so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:13 pm 
Gorilla

Another 20 point blowout by the Celtics tonight. The Pistons won also, its tied in their series now 1-1. Lakers are playing right now, but its too late to stay up. Off to bed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:39 am 
Site Admin

Every 0-2 team playing tonight won! That is often likely, but I didn't expect the Cavs to lose and not so badly! Franchise record worse playoff loss!!!!

Now back out West.....Go Suns!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:41 am 
Gorilla

Go Suns!

I cant believe Jazz lost. At their home court! Insane!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:42 pm 
Site Admin

Philly? You kidding me? What's up with Detroit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:05 am 
Manatee

damdaman wrote:
Any one of them could make it, but if I had to pick, I'd pick the Suns.

I like the Pistons in the east.

So I'm predicting a Pistons/Suns final.

Boy, my picks are looking pretty awful right now! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:57 pm 
Site Admin

Damn right! Suns found a way to win, and win big!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next