Hiking/walking

Wow. I haven't even been on here in 2 months. I've missed it.

Anyway, now that the weather is super nice, I want to try walking/hiking more. Problem is, there's isn't much around my area in the way of forests that I can get to by walking. I'd have to drive to get there.

Any suggestions on what I'd need to walk/hike in a city setting? Like good shoes or something? I know nothing really. haha

Wow. I haven't even been on here in 2 months. I've missed it.

Anyway, now that the weather is super nice, I want to try walking/hiking more. Problem is, there's isn't much around my area in the way of forests that I can get to by walking. I'd have to drive to get there.

Any suggestions on what I'd need to walk/hike in a city setting? Like good shoes or something? I know nothing really. haha

That depends entirely on how far you plan to walk in what kinda of terrain. I would suggest comfortable shoes (i wear newbalance) and some water, perhaps a cliff bar if your walking for very long. I love to walk and sometimes i jsut loose myself in it. The great thing about the city is that if you are want for anything it can be walked to. So i would say start small check out sidestreets you have never gone down before, get an idea of what you are missing.

try this place out as well:

http://walkscore.com

It will let you know what is within a 3 mile distance.

Basically dress comfortably and cooly. if it is hot use sunscreen. comfortable shoes and alternate between walks with a purpose or walks that are aimless.

Goodluck.